1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Fender American Elite Jazz 4 (Tobacco Sunburst $1450 Shipped)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by laslen, Jan 15, 2017.

1. laslen

laslen

Nov 25, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Price:
    $1450
    Strings:
    Price includes shipping, insurance, tracking, and signature confirmation.

Includes:
    Fender American Elite Jazz Bass (Tobacco Sunburst)
    4-String
    Passive/Active
    Ash body, Maple neck/fingerboard
    OHSC, Truss/Allen wrench, Manuals, Straplocks
    $1,450 PayPal shipped lower 48

Originally purchased from Sweetwater on October 20, 2016. Includes everything original, hard-shell case, etc. Pictures from Sweetwater are of the actual bass. Buyer's address must be confirmed on PayPal.

Bass is in the same condition it was when I received it from Sweetwater aside from one thing -- I immediately put Fender "pure nickel" roundwound strings on it, instead of the nickel-plated steel ones that come from the factory. They are a little warmer, but they actually combine well with the single-coil pups. I primarily put them on because they lessen fret wear.

It has less than 8 hours of total playtime on it, and has never been gigged. There are no noticeable dings or scratches I can find. I am fairly anal, especially about quality control, and I've often sent new instruments back to retailers for even very superficial issues. I also picked this one out of a lineup, so it has the grain I felt looked "most natural." I will not say it is "new" because I don't believe anything personally owned can be called "new," despite the time frame of ownership. It has been stored in a smoke-free and climate controlled recording studio.

Please use private message to contact me.

Thank you for reading.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
    DavC, fourtet102, Milo's and 2 others like this.
  2. garytone

garytone

Nov 26, 2011
    Indiana
    Very pretty bass.

GLWS

3. flewis

flewis Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2006
    Raleigh, NC
    Beautiful wood grain!

4. TMARK

TMARK

Jan 10, 2012
    Richmond VA
    These are really great basses. Great fretwork, super stable neck. Fender upped their game with the Elite Jazz.

5. laslen

laslen

Nov 25, 2016
    New Hampshire
    On hold pending payment.