1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender American Jazz Bass Question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by pitpee, Mar 26, 2006.

1. pitpee

pitpee

Mar 26, 2006
    I recently purchased a 2002 American Jazz Bass (Z2 S/N). On the back of the body the silver plate is stamped "Corona, California" and at the top of the plate "CE". Can someone tell me what the CE means? It's a great bass just trying to find out more about the model.

2. fenderx55

fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    NYC/Queens
    ::looks on back of '03 j:: I have the corona but not the CE, however, my mim has the CE thing (if IRC--i'm at school, it's at my parents' place)... I think it has more to do with the actual part than the bass as a whole.

3. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    I'm Pretty sure my MIM jazz has CE at the top of the plate. It's just a sticker, isn't it?

I could be wrong though. I know there's SOMETHING there, but it's downstairs, and i'm lazy.

-Mark

4. From http://www.ce-marking.org/

CE Marking (CE-Marking), is also called sometimes "CE Mark", as shown on the top of this page, is a mandatory mark for many (estimatively around 70%) of the products sold on the EFTA plus European Union (EU) market (total 28 countries) and it is often referred as the "Trade Passport to Europe" for non-EU products.

It's a tax/trade/import thing...

5. fenderx55

fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    NYC/Queens
    ohhhhhh, ok then. Good to know.

6. My highway one jazz also had this sticker, i removed it fastly

7. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    25 years from now, having that CE sticker on the back of your bass will result in it selling for a grand more than not having it ;)

8. foose4string

foose4string

Feb 4, 2006
    Maryland
    I thought removing the sticker was a federal offense, like removing the tag on a mattress. :)

9. chiplexic

chiplexic

Apr 21, 2004
    Massachusetts
    I just cover mine with sheets. Am I breaking the law:(