Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender American Jazz vs. Fender American P Deluxe

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jiant., Jul 3, 2005.

1. jiant.

jiant.

Jul 3, 2004
    Fort Mill, SC
    Well I am really looking at one of these two on eBay, mainly the P deluxe. If I don't go for that one Then I'll get an American jazz sometime in the near future. My only question is what do you guys think of these two? I'm going to be using it for mostly just melodic rock type stuff, think Further Seems Forever, but maybe some other types of music too. In my last thread everyone told me that the jazz is extremely versatile when it comes to different tones, so what is the main tonal difference between the jazz and deluxe P? Oh yeah and the auction for the deluxe P ends in 40 hours so a quick response would be awesome. Thanks and God Bless. -Brad

2. primus_55

primus_55

Dec 28, 2004
    I own a deluxe p and love it. The neck is perfect, the versatility is amazing. The bass rules.

Have you ever tried a jazz bass or a p bass at all? I think it really comes down to which you prefer, as they're both equally as good basses. The jazz with have a thinner neck, p bass slightly thicker. The p basses bridge pickup is an added feature that offers good tone, solid mid range and growl.

What is the price of the p bass on ebay?

3. jiant.

jiant.

Jul 3, 2004
    Fort Mill, SC
    Right now it's up to $357.50 reserve not met. I'd probably go as high as $600 on it or so, but I still don't know if that would be above his reserve. Anyway, thanks for the advice...I would like to own a bass that has a solid mid range and growl. God Bless! -Brad