1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Fender American Original '60s Jazz Bass - Candy Apple Red

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Jones64, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Jones64

Jones64 Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2015
    Boulder CO
    Price:
    Strings:
    2018-11-24 12.30.50. Fender American Original '60s Jazz Bass - Candy Apple Red - USA
    $1999 regularly and one year old.

Fender American Original '60s Jazz Bass - Candy Apple Red

Plays excellent and sounds even better. As growly as any bass have owned with solid tight low end. Quality of these is claimed to be similar to custom shop and get the best woods Fender has to offer and more careful construction. I would concur in that it feels more solid and broken in that any other Jazz I played, except for a 65 I had a long time ago and I bought it because it reminded me a lot of that bass. Much better than any standard US version. Comes with new upscale Fender padded gig bag. Professional packed, insured, and shipped by Fedex. Over 40% off. Killer deal.

The price is because the bass has some nicks, scratches, and marks in the body, which I tried show in the photos. Neck is in great shape and is as comfortable as any jazz neck I have played. It has a couple of cracks in the finish that are superficial. 2018-11-24 12.30.50. 2018-11-24 12.31.00.

In terms of trades (plus or minus as appropriate) interested in Audiokinesis, Berg Hg, or Revsound cabs, Tobias Killer B 5 or similar 5or 6 string bass.

Here is a link of what it sounds like.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
    R&B, TalHaz, JoeDoe and 1 other person like this.
  2. leavetheconnoli

leavetheconnoli Supporting Member

May 21, 2017
    New York
    Whats the yellow tape from ou to bridge?

3. FrenchBassQC

FrenchBassQC Supporting Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Gatineau QC CA
    It’s a brass ground strip to ground the PU’s with the bridge.

4. Jones64

Oct 1, 2015
    Boulder CO
    Yes, It is the brass ground strip that goes above the body instead of thought the body later in the 60's. Not sure if one way works better than the other, but I thought it look really cool.

5. Kmrumedy

Kmrumedy

May 12, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    This is a really good deal!

Jones64 likes this.
  6. Jones64

Oct 1, 2015
    Boulder CO
    I have it listed over at Reverb for more, but always better prices on TB.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
  7. SodaCity bass

SodaCity bass Bartolini Artist, MTD Artist, LaBella Artist Supporting Member

Aug 4, 2011
    Blythewood, SC
    Any chance you'd be interested in a Japanese geddy lee and some cash?

8. Jones64

Oct 1, 2015
    Boulder CO
    Wasn't interested in the Geddy, but hit me up with an offer or some combo type trade offer as this is a great bass that deserves to be played, and I really only do 5's.

9. wellso74

wellso74 Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Richmond, Virginia
    weight?

10. Jones64

Oct 1, 2015
    Boulder CO
    8.8 pounds on the the digital bathroom scale, and 8.4 pounds on the hanging luggage scale.