FENDER AMERICAN ORIGINAL '60S PRECISION BASS, A CS KILLER?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mellow yellow, May 9, 2021.

1. Bassist30

Bassist30 Supporting Member

Mar 19, 2004
    NEW YORK
    Explain. Neck shifts when putting on new strings? bends out of shape. I don't believe it is a quartersawn maple which they wanted more vintage. Not that all quartersawn necks are more stable but in general some are slightly more stable dependent on the cut. Especially coming from a bass Luthier. Plus its a newer bass. But over all these are really nice sounding basses. I know some like the AV basses better and some say the AO is better. But in reality like all fenders some are better than others. Glad you love yours. I feel lucky having it.

Son of Wobble likes this.
  2. petrus61

petrus61 Supporting Member

Don’t forget there was the AV which came after the AVRI, but prior to the AO. The differences aren’t negligible between either (depending on the user of course).

3. :D Well ... err ... it’s not exactly a prosperous period; I guess my CS time will have to wait although, to use Fender’s words, I may be ready even now :):D in any case, as somebody was suggesting, I may wait some time to get my AO reliced enough to be disguised as CS instrument ;)

Son of Wobble likes this.
  4. Sam Dingle

Sam Dingle Supporting Member

Aug 16, 2011
    Tallahassee
    does anyone notice the neck and body of the american originals to feel both sticky and slightly rough?

zie likes this.
  5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 18, 2021