1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Fender American PJ bass - price drop -real road worn with cool tour history

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by kshipley1, Oct 27, 2018.

1. kshipley1

kshipley1 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2010
    Denver
    Price:
    Strings:
    Fender American PJ toured - legitimately road worn with history
    American Fender bass that started as an American P-bass, then he added EMG Geezer Butler PJ pickups and pre (9v), then the original neck had an issue so it was replaced with an American Fender custom shop Tele/Precision Fender neck (jazz profile neck).
    This sounds awesome and I love the whole look and comfortable feel, that's why I bought it. It originally had tape over the battery compartment on the back, so I added an actual battery box. It also didn't have a volume knob, so I added that as well. I also added a Fender hard case. This comes with Dunlop strap locks. Weight is 9.4 lbs on an accurate scale, it is a very well balanced bass.
    Controls; Volume, blend, stacked bass/treble
    This bass sounds great, is priced to sell and has the cool benefit of a fun history. I will send the winner the communication thread from Mark and Robbie and contact info.
    - Built by Robbie Harrington - quote "Hey man, yep. It's all American standard 2004 i think. Original neck had a dead spot on 5th fret. I got an American standard replacement from fender. I have a old custom shop p bass with a tele headstock. Thought it would be cool to match it. I used the bass a lot toured with Dierks (Bentley) and Ronnie Dunn with it. Glad it went to a good home" - from Robbie Harrington
    - Robbie then sold the bass to Mark Childers, who is the bassist & music director for Carrie Underwood - very cool in my opinion. From Mark - quote "Robbie built it and I had it after him.. don’t know much other than that. It’s a great bass and hope you enjoy it!"
    - Robbie has a great resume including; Ritchie Kotzen, Doug Aldrich, Steve Vai, Keith Urban, Dierks Bentley, Brooks & Dunn, Ronnie Dunn, Frankie Ballard.

Sale: $800 shipped Cont US. Sorry, this is as low as I can go shipped.
    Possible trade for Sadowsky Metro 4 string or Modulus 4 string (phenolic fretboard) plus cash from me.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
  2. Smooth_bass88

Smooth_bass88 Groove it

what's the control layout? Is there a "Fender Custom Shop" stamp somewhere on the neck?

3. kshipley1

Nov 22, 2010
    Denver
    Controls looking down; Volume, pickup blend, stacked bass/treble, I have not taken the neck/body apart, otherwise no other markings.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
  4. kshipley1

Nov 22, 2010
    Denver
    Price drop & still looking for a Sadowsky Metro 4 + cash from me

5. kshipley1

Nov 22, 2010
    Denver
    Hmmm- Price drop for a great bass