1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

TRADED Fender American Pro Precision

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by BigDanT, Jul 2, 2017.

1. BigDanT

BigDanT Supporting Member

Aug 26, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Price:
    Strings:
    Black on Black

2016 Fender American Professional Series Precision Bass

I'm in no real hurry to move this but looking for something a little different for now but this is a killer P bass.

I'm just listing it for trade right now and I'd put the trade value around $1,100.

Fender really hit a home run with these new professional series but I am just itching to try something different.
    • Single Michael Bump-designed V-Mod split-coil Precision Bass pickup
    • ’63 P Bass neck profile
    • Bone nut; 20 narrow-tall frets for familiar playing feel
    • HiMass™ Vintage bridge for increased sustain
    • Fluted-shaft tuning machines; Posiflex graphite rods for neck reinforcement
    • Includes Elite Molded hardshell case
    This bass plays and looks great.

Previous owner pegged the weight at 8.6 pounds and since I only have a bathroom scale I'd say that feels about accurate.

I put on a new Fender black pickguard but will send the original mint one with it. Also has original case etc.

It does have some surface scratches and general player wear (it's black so pretty hard to avoid) but it doesn't have any dings or dents and is in great overall shape.

PM me with any questions or requests for additional photos.

As far as trades I am open to any offers. I really only play passive four stringers though. Mostly a Fender and Fender-like kind of guy so trade interests might be...

American Jazz
    American Ps
    American PJs
    AVRIs
    G&Ls

Might consider the following (+cash or other trade considerations)
    MIJs
    Or
    MIMs

Might also consider adding some cash for the following:
    Rics
    Nash
    Bluesman Vintage
    ???

Anyway, don't be shy about shooting me a PM with any trade offers. I will respond to all PMs and the worst I can do is offer a polite "no thanks."

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
  2. Type-55

Type-55 Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2000
    Michigan
    Gotta ask can you get an exact weight?
    Not the infamous bathroom scale method.

3. BigDanT

Aug 26, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Original owner had it listed as 8.6 lbs. about the only thing I have at home to weigh it on is a bathroom scale so I can try to verify that.

4. When did it switch over from American Standard? I was under the impression all 16's were American Standard and 17's are Professionals.

5. BigDanT

Aug 26, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I believe they were officially in stores as of January 2017 but this one carries a 2016 serial number. But it checks out per Fender.

Attached Files:

6. BigDanT

Aug 26, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Looks like my deal on the new bass fell through so I'm gonna hold onto this for now.

bmac314 likes this.
  7. R&B

R&B Both kinds of music: Rhythm AND Blues! Supporting Member

Fender did the same thing with the 2012 upgrades to the American Standards. Late 2011 production had CS pickups etc. Guess they need to get the retail pipeline stocked in advance.

8. BigDanT

Aug 26, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Ok. It took nearly a week but GAS is back. I'm going to leave this up and see what happens. I won't be overly disappointed if it doesn't move because she's a definite keeper bu CAN'T... FIGHT... GAS!

9. BigDanT

Aug 26, 2011
    Indianapolis
    This one has been a roller coaster. Found a local dude who may want to trade. We are going to see where it goes. I'm really on the fence as these Am pros are awesome. But thanks for all the offers.

10. BigDanT

Aug 26, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Putting this back on the market as trade only right now.

Thanks for the consideration!

bmac314 likes this.
  11. bmac314

bmac314 Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2015
    Louisiana
    PM'd

12. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Very cool. It's like the American Standard only better.

BigDanT likes this.