1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Fender American Standard 5 string Jazz MINT

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by funkythumb, Oct 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. funkythumb

funkythumb Supporting Member

Aug 26, 2005
    Atlanta
    For sale - no trades. $800 plus shipping.
    2007 - 2008 Fender American Standard Jazz 5 string bass. Bass is in near mint condition.
    Alder body
    Rosewood fingerboard
    Passive, stock, hum-cancelling, Fender pickups
    Bass is 100% original
    High mass bridge
    String through body
    I paid luthier and bassist, Brady Muckelroy in Texas to do a fret leveling and recrown on this bass to make it play like butter.
    Brady personally testifies that this bass is the most even Fender American 5 he has ever played. Even, meaning no dead spots on the neck and tonally consistent.
    ---Please NOTE--- This bass does NOT come with the original, huge, flight case. I will ship this bass, packed extremely well, with the bass itself wrapped in a blanket and surrounded by foam. I have shipped many basses with zero problems. I have a 100% feedback rating both here on TB and on ebay.
    Paypal only. I ship once I receive your money. Foreign buyers are welcome but you must pay $820 plus full shipping costs to your country or outside Con U.S.

Attached Files:

2. funkythumb

Aug 26, 2005
    Atlanta
    There are a couple of water decals on the back that can come off easily when water is gently applied. They slide right off.

Attached Files:

3. funkythumb

Aug 26, 2005
    Atlanta
    serial number

Attached Files:

4. WretchedExcess

WretchedExcess

Jul 29, 2013
    Is the original, huge, flight case available as an option?

5. funkythumb

Aug 26, 2005
    Atlanta
    No, it's not. I'm the second owner of this bass and I never got the flight case with it.

6. Hamlet7768

Hamlet7768 Here to chew gum and rock. Still have gum.

Jun 5, 2011
    Sound clips?

7. funkythumb

Aug 26, 2005
    Atlanta
    I recorded part of a Christian rock album with it but it was going through a VT with some distortion.
    Other than that, nothing really. In that scenario, I think it's largely the engineer who affects the sounds.

8. funkythumb

Aug 26, 2005
    Atlanta
    A quick update. I have a buyer in China lined up but would rather sell in the U.S. for convenience. I also have a student who'll be looking at the bass in a couple weeks as now turns out. I'm busy and being a bit lazy about getting the bass packed for my potential Chinese customer. I'm waiting for my student to come over mid November to check it out. Anybody wants it before then, it's yours. Price will not be dropping.

9. mophead

mophead Supporting Member

Oct 24, 2004
    Texas Panhandle
    What is the weight please?

10. ustabawannab

ustabawannab Caesar's palace, morning glory, silly human race. Gold Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2006
    Greenfield, WI.

Hop on the scale, weigh yourself. Hop off the scale grab the bass, hop back on. That's the weight. + or - 1/2 lb

I had a P Bass V that weighed 8 pounds 10 ounces. It was perfect. My current P Bass V weighs 9 pounds 8 ounces. I can really tell the difference by the second set.

It really matters to some (but not all) buyers.

11. funkythumb

Aug 26, 2005
    Atlanta
    Using a consumer grade bathroom scale, I roughly put the bass somewhere between 9.5 and 10 pounds. I will weigh it at UPS as soon as possible.

12. dwelkins

dwelkins

May 22, 2011
    Nice!

13. funkythumb

Aug 26, 2005
    Atlanta
    Thanks D

14. dwelkins

dwelkins

May 22, 2011
    My GAS fund is almost up to your asking price. I used to have a 5-string jazz in Shoreline Gold, regret letting it go now. Definitely keeping this one in mind!

15. funkythumb

Aug 26, 2005
    Atlanta
    Right on. What some or most people might not be paying close attention to, is what I wrote in the opening post. Brady Muckelroy, who is an amazing player and builder from Texas, worked on this bass doing a fret leveling job. He personally gave me a big thumbs up on this bass saying that it was the most even playing Fender 5 he's ever played. Even, as in no dead spots across the neck. If you've had the chance to get to know Brady just a small bit, as I have, you'd know that this guy does not give out compliments left and right. If something comes out of his mouth, he means it. Brady now builds his own, terrific, custom basses and knows his craft.
    Bottom line is this, while most people on here are waiting for a Fender at a certain price or certain weight, this one has been given a gold seal approval from a very reputable player/builder as the BEST Fender 5 he's played. I'm kinda thinking twice about letting this one go because of it's quality but I've got something else coming in and don't like to have stuff just sitting around.
    All of you out there who are more worried about a half pound in weight versus a perfect fingerboard should reconsider!!

16. Great bass!

17. funkythumb

Aug 26, 2005
    Atlanta
    Thanks!!

18. bassfreakah

bassfreakah

Mar 26, 2011
    Endorsing Artist Ernie ball strings
    i like the water slides!!!

19. ShirazBop

ShirazBop

Sep 29, 2006
    Greensboro, NC
    Or bring it over to a UPS or FedEx store and get exact... That's what I've always done.:D

Great Bass If I had the money I would buy bump... especially the water slides...:ninja:

20. funkythumb

Aug 26, 2005
    Atlanta
    Yea, those stockinged girls are my thang so I had to pimp the bass. I'll leave them on there and get new ones for the new Lull coming. :) Surprisingly enough, no one, not at church or on any secular gig, has ever noticed the water decals!!!! I haven't used the bass a lot but I thought SOMEONE would have noticed and said something but NADA! Your pinups will be barely noticed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.