1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender American Standard Colour – Any of them seem thicker?!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Musicman20, Sep 24, 2010.

1. I am about to reorder a new Fender Jazz. I had a white/maple one, but I found the maple board too glossy and bright for my playing. So Im going to get rosewood this time.

Can anyone chime in with experience if any of the colours have a ‘thicker’ finish. Ive seen some of the white finishes show lots of grain lines underneath the paint. I realise it’s a new way of finishing them, but Ive definitely seen some where the finish is flat without any lines/join lines/etc.

Im thinking of going black this time, but Ive heard of some showing very prominent join lines which isn’t great!

Thanks

2. cbrophy

cbrophy

Nov 11, 2009
    Central MA.
    Charcoal Frost Metalic.....Schweeeeet!

Attached Files:

3. Nedmundo

Nedmundo Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2005
    Philadelphia
    I have the Candy Cola, which looks awesome and, like a typical metallic finish, doesn't show any grain. It's thin, and chips more easily than the older thick finishes, but that's okay IMO.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 2, 2021