1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender American Standard Jazz LONGHORN / BONER Club !!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by daahoud, Jun 9, 2012.

1. I been seeking but can't find so Here I Stand.

Please join me with your Fender American Stardard Jazz Bass with Longhorn / Boner body, between 1989 thru 1994, serial bt E9 thru N4.
    I know there are not so many so please share photo of yours. :bassist:

NO Plus, NO JP, NO Deluxe.

This introduced in 1989 w TBX control ( so exceptional) Working just like semi-deluxe, 22 Fret fingerboard, non-string thru bodied, 3 bolt bridge

001.jpg

002.jpg

0012_small.jpg
    Got some extra flame on neck. (yep, it's so mere, lol, u know fender.. )

===============================
    Daahoud

2. I am the only TBX lover. -.-;;

3. ljazz

ljazz

Dec 10, 2002
    Cookeville, TN
    Fletz started a club a while back for boner basses (I think he included the P's), but sold his and the club kinda stalled. You should pick up where he left off in that one.

BTW, I love the TBX on mine. The original bridge spacing was too wide, and the pups kinda sucked..... but quick swap outs, and this one is a keeper...... so much so, that I've had mine for 20 years now. Go to that thread for a couple of shots of my boner bass.

4. I have a Boner bass, black & White. I've been playing it since 1994. It was made in '"93.

5. chef wong

chef wong Inactive

Sep 15, 2012
    Ohio
    These are from the last truely great Fender era. Never touched a Standard one, though.

6. 33651_437880421716_4288339_n2_zps7e02ac7b.gif

7. Idiot Savon

Idiot Savon Tall, Dark, Handsome, etc., etc. Supporting Member

Jun 22, 2009
    Essex, CT
    Here's me and mine at a couple of shows, this past year. Mine's a '92 with EMGs.

Attached Files:

8. johnson79

johnson79

Jan 8, 2010
    Lancaster, PA
    I had one. Bought it new in 93 I think. Ended up parting it out after a refinish and rebuild that wasn't happening after 10 years.

9. Idiot Savon

Idiot Savon Tall, Dark, Handsome, etc., etc. Supporting Member

Jun 22, 2009
    Essex, CT
    I got mine on Valentine's Day, 1993, and she's the only piece of gear I'll never part with!

10. JIO

JIO Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 30, 2010
    The Mission SF/CA
    musician/artist/owner - Gildaxe
    I'd like to invite all who are seeing this to "the other" boner club thread that has been a bit more active of late than this one. (no offense to the OP - just don't think we need two threads on the same bass when it doesn't get that many hits in general. ;)

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f8/boner-bass-club-721661/index13.html#post15426014

I personally like the heading on this thread better as it's more descriptive of the actual series name (American Standard), but as Fender has had a few American Standard series since this one it could get more confusing. So "Boner Bass Club" for better or worse may work better. What do you think boner-owners? :D

11. foal30

foal30

Dec 3, 2007
    New Zealand
    '89 Fretless (defret) Boner
    color is called Midnight Blue I think
    no relation to Lou Gramm

great balance, only Fender I've played with no neck dive
    tuners a bit slippy
    no TBX circuit , just bog standard vvt
    serial E9

12. JIO