1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Fender American Standard Jazz Model Year 2000, 10 Hours Playtime, Closet Classic! LOOK!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Josh Thatguy, Feb 22, 2016.

1. Josh Thatguy

Josh Thatguy ~¿~ Supporting Member

Price:
    Strings:
    $875 SHIPPED!!!!
    image. Picked this up in trade. I'm definitely a Jazz bass guy. And this one is WAY too perfect for me: I am absolutely paranoid about dinging or scratching it. It's not like I'm a klutz, but this bass is seriously so damn nice that I don't even want to put a fingernail mark on it playing fingerstyle. There are only a few, ever-so-slight, gotta-look-hard-to-see-them swirl marks, and I'm guessing they were probably there when it left the factory.

The guy I got it from is in his 60s, is a P-bass guy and also plays an upright, and knew the neck was waaaay to small for him a few hours after he got it. So, it has been in the case, in a closet or under the bed, for 99% of its life. He claims to have played it "maybe 8 or 9 hours total" a half hour at a time since he got it, and looking at it, I can believe him. I played it an hour straight last night, LOVING the classic Jazz tones and voices. Great factory American Standard-specific "Vintage Spec" pickups in this, with raised pole pieces and delicious sounds and combinations.
    All the case candy is there, including two keys for the case, the bridge saddle adjustment allen wrench, truss tool, hang tags, decals, manuals, etcetera. The original strings are still on it and are remarkably good for being 16! They're still bright, and there are NO signs of moisture or funk or crap ever being near this bass. The frets are, of course, 100% as new. The neck is straight and action is low. Also included is the original white 4ply pickguard PLUS the genuine Fender Black Pearl 4ply 'guard installed on it now that the previous owner put on it to try and make him fall in like with the bass... but he's all about Pbass necks.
    Personally, I'm all about Jazz necks, but with maple fretboards, hence another reason I'm getting rid of this one besides it being too perfect for me. I'll consider trades for a maple-board Jazz of equal value or close up or down, 4 stringers only, Japanese or American only. Play wear, mojo, and real relic are fine with me as a trade.
    I know it's a buyer's market, so $875 gets it shipped to you.
    I'll weigh it shortly and post a few more photos.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
  2. Josh Thatguy

image. image.

BlueMINI likes this.
  3. Josh Thatguy

image. image. image. image. image.

The hardshell case has only a few VERY minor marks on it, and no gouges or structural issues at all. It literally went from the guitar store to the owner's house, now mine. If anything, *I* put a couple of light topsurface scuffs on the case myself last night.
    The thumbnail pictures should be enlargeable, click on them.
    And yes, the 1968 Bassman head is also available, and is 100% functional with all updates (death cap modded to be non-lethal when not plugged in, there-prong grounded plug, all service up to date: plug&play!). The '67 2/15 cab is currently unloaded and would cost a fortune to ship anyway.

4. aaronious

aaronious Supporting Member

May 23, 2011
    Denver CO
    Holy cow that is nice!! Theres no way this lasts long up here. Glwts

Josh Thatguy likes this.
  5. Josh Thatguy

image. Here's the original decal with the specs. I'm still looking for my scale to weigh the bass, but then again, I can't remember seeing it since an exgirlfriend moved out. Wondering now if she took it, or destroyed it... regardless, this is an "average"
    weight Jazz, certainly not heavy. I'll figure out a way to weigh in the next 24 hours if I can't find my scale tonight.

Also, I will be doing a bridge setup and intonation this evening. You'll notice in the photos that the "a" string saddle is not set up evenly with the rest... not sure why, but no big deal. The upper register is fine, but I'll put it on the money tonight and get it spot on.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
  6. Josh Thatguy

image. image. View attachment 805724 View attachment 805721 image. image.
    Ok, after going over the bass with a fine-tooth comb, I managed to find two small, small items I want to disclose: the headstock has a small imperfection on the very front edge of the g-string side, as pictured (it's the same spot photographed 3 different ways to try to show it). That's a standard ink pen tip as a reference. You have to LOOK for the spot to find it, and it is strictly superficial, not even a 1/4 mm in depth, just more of a micro-chip on the clear coat. My iphone3 would hardly pick it up, no matter what lighting I tried. Lastly, the body has that verrrry small spot I tried to photograph, above the neck pickup on the body, and it's an extremely small, extremely shallow surface ding. It will hardly photograph at all with this phone. It's another spot you have to LOOK for to see, and I didn't notice it until I was going over every single inch of the bass in the interest of 100% full disclosure. In other words, nitpicking. Just in case the buyer is a nitpicker. Even if he/she is one to pick nits, this bass will NOT disappoint... especially for being 16. THE PAINT LOOKS SPECTACULAR! I wish my last two black cars looked as nearly as nice as this... miles-deep gloss, incredible shine...

Last edited: Mar 4, 2016
    StreetScenes likes this.
  7. Josh Thatguy

Bassman head and cab were sold last night... Jazz bass still available!

8. Smoothmove

Smoothmove Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2015
    Waterloo, Oregon
    I wish you wanted a P-Bass, Lol