Fender American standard or american series?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 74rickbass, Sep 3, 2003.

1. Which is better? or is there even much of a difference? I have a american standard jazz from 99, would this be worse than the american series?

Also, here's a clip, I just recorded it direct, with a little EQ.

Don't mind the bad playing :D

jazz finger
  2. The American Standard and American series are the same thing. Fender changed the name "American Standard" to "American" a few years ago. I think it's because of the toilet company "American Standard". Nice playing!
  3. they used to say american standard or american deluxe. but now they just say american. like mentioned could have something to do with the toilet company or mabey they just figured "american" sounded better.
  4. pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    Fender dropped the Mia standard and started the Mia series in 2001. The difference is suppose to be the feel of the necks (rolled finger board) for that broken in feeling and they did away with veneers on body's. I think 2000 was also the last year for a natural finish meaning no natural for the MIA series basses.
  5. that's it... they switched up the necks. At least that's the major difference. I think they feel great.