1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fender American Standard Precision

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Sparkdog, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Sparkdog

Sparkdog

Sep 18, 2006
    Burbank, CA
    I am selling my Fender American Standard Precision, in Butterscotch Blonde with a beautiful rosewood fingerboard. Bass is completely stock but has been upgraded with a Fender brand tortoise shell pickguard, Fender brand chrome bridge cover, and dunlop dual-design Straploks.

I will ship it in a Fender gig bag.

This bass was purchased new in 2006 and it's in like-new condition, not a mark on it anywhere except for the normal swirls on the pickguard and holes that were drilled for the bridge cover.

Weight is 9 pounds 5 ounces according to my digital scale.

It's currently strung with D'Addario Chromes flatwounds, about 3 months old and perfectly broken in. This bass nails the old school Motown/R&B/blues vibe in both tone and appearance.

Neck is perfect, has the satin finish and graphite reinforcement bars. I set up the action and truss rod on it the day I bought it and it has never moved...ROCK SOLID!

I'm selling because I decided I don't need two P basses.

A new American Standard goes for over $1400...I'm looking for $850 OBO for this beauty including Fed Ex shipping within continental US. Not really looking for trades.

2. dangerkirk

dangerkirk

Mar 31, 2008
    Owensboro, Ky
    I only wish

3. rb1

rb1

Sep 15, 2008
    Iowa
    PM sent.

4. Sparkdog

Sparkdog

Sep 18, 2006
    Burbank, CA
    That was fast!

5. rb1

rb1

Sep 15, 2008
    Iowa
    I can't wait for it to arrive! :hyper: :bassist:

6. rb1

rb1

Sep 15, 2008
    Iowa
    I didn't notice this until AFTER I bought the bass, but it looks like that bass is giving me the "evil eye"! ;) Oh, no!

evileye.

7. Sparkdog

Sparkdog

Sep 18, 2006
    Burbank, CA
    I didn't notice it either...that's freaky!

Pretty sure it doesn't affect the tone though :)