Fender American Standards @ GC *sale*

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by sobie18, Sep 19, 2003.

1. Looks like the GCs here in UtaW are dropping prices (in the $500 range) on NEW and beautiful American Standards, both P & J models. I say if you have the money and there is a void of "the industry standard" of a P or a J in your arsenal, pick one up and celebrate....
  2. at that price it is actually worth picking one up. it would be cool to pick up a J bass and putt some dimarzio ultra jazz pups in there and mabey a J retro.
  3. pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    The price is that low because The MIA standard line was discontinued in 2000 making all stanadards "leftovers" I bought a 2000 jazz in natural (also discontinued) that is awesome! Some may look at it as buying a new bass that is three years old but that's what these basses are nos (new old stock). Mine is 100% stock and will stay that way. Nothing is needed on this bass.
  4. Prahainspring

Oct 22, 2002
    New Jersey
    Thats one sexy bass. I'm going tomorrow now to check out these basses and might come home with on:D
  5. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    Beautiful bass pyrohr. I like that look on a Jazz.
  6. pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    That bass cost me $699.00 with case brand new in 2001. It is a 2000 MIA standard and came originally with a white pick guard. The white pick guard is now back on the bass.