SOLD Fender American Ultra Jazz, Beautiful Texas Tea, Like New

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by BassIan, May 8, 2021.

1. BassIan

BassIan Supporting Member

Apr 27, 2003
    San Jose, California
    Price:
    Strings:
    United States
    This is it - Fender's best-of-the-best USA production basses. It lives up to the name, from the innovative finish, awesome updated active 18v preamp, Noiseless Gen 4 pickups, neck profile, and great QC the American Ultra series have become known for.

I purchased this brand new from Sweetwater in November 2019. This particular one is nearly dead-on 9lbs, on the lighter side of may listings I've seen. It takes a super low setup (4/64" at the 12th on the E string is yours if you want it!), and just sounds like a Jazz bass should. It's been at home for Jazz/R&B all the way to metal records for me. The Active pre is versatile, although I most often ran it nearly flat. Passive mode is awesome too, and you still get a passive tone control.

The Texas Tea finish deserves its own paragraph. It's nearly impossible to photograph. It looks black, but with light and angles you see hints of metallic bronze, brass, and copper. In my opinion it's one of the most tasteful of Fender's new range of finishes. The satin neck feels awesome, and I love the dark block inlays.

Condition is mint. I cannot locate any blemishes in the finish, and there aren't visible signs of wear. Currently strung with DR DDT strings, .115 Low E, which works perfectly for Drop D or Drop C tunings.

Ships to you in the original TSA-friendly hard-shell case with all the case candy. I'll pack it snugly in a quality box with lots of padding and ship insured.

IMG_3950.jpeg IMG_3951.jpeg IMG_3952.jpeg IMG_3953.jpeg IMG_3954.jpeg IMG_3955.jpeg IMG_3956.jpeg IMG_3957.jpeg IMG_3958.jpeg IMG_3959.jpeg IMG_3960.jpeg IMG_3961.jpeg IMG_3962.jpeg IMG_3963.jpeg IMG_3964.jpeg IMG_3172.jpeg

2. Nice

3. Hop Jam

Hop Jam

Feb 16, 2013
    Birmingham, AL
    Tempting!!!

4. Tomis17

Tomis17

Jan 21, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Purdy! Glwts!

5. 45cmckay105

45cmckay105 Supporting Member

Sep 1, 2010
    Frederock, Maryland
    WOW! What's the weight, and did you have to do any work to the nut to run the DDTs?

Just an insanely good looking bass!!

6. BassIan

BassIan Supporting Member

Apr 27, 2003
    San Jose, California
    Thanks!

Weight is right on at 9lbs, so it’s on the lighter side of what I’ve seen these run. I worked with Sweetwater to get their lightest at the time.

The nut didn’t need anything to run the DDTs so it could easily be reverted to a lighter gauge for standard tuning.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 28, 2022