1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

Fender American Vintage ‘57 RI “Ice Blue Metallic”

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by StevieJukeJoint, Jan 23, 2019.

1. FF66EC1E-9B2C-4CC5-BEFF-E7D14D322A16.jpeg View attachment 3293370 Thought I’d post a photo of my 00/01 American Vintage ‘57 P-Bass in ice blue metallic. Definitely an available colour back in the day, but rarely seen in this colour. It’s my favourite of four ‘57’s RI I own (2 American, 2 CIJ). It’s lightweight, and best sounding - not sure if it’s the alder vs ash?

Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
  2. Remeber these in catalog from 2001.
    Alder body wood for sure.
    Thanks for posting.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
  3. mikeswals

mikeswals Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    Ash was only used on the trans white ones, all others were alder.
    Looks awesome!

4. Yes that’s correct. I have one of the AVRI blondes in ash.

5. Nice indeed :thumbsup:
    Another beautiful custom colour with a gold anodised pickguard is the Sherwood Green ...

6. jd56hawk

jd56hawk

Sep 12, 2011
    The Garden State
    Looks good, especially with that pickguard.

7. Stranger Danger

Stranger Danger Feel Like A Stranger Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Texas
    I remember playing an AVRI Jazz in that color. Looks great with the gold pickguard

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 15, 2021