1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Fender American Vintage 60's Hotrod Precision

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Adam Wright, Dec 21, 2016.

1. Adam Wright

Adam Wright Supporting Member

Jun 6, 2002
    Arlington,Tx
    Roscoe Basses, 64 Audio IEM, GHS Strings
    Price:
    Strings:
    Bass is in great condition but it's extremely difficult to keep a nitro finish like this clean. Is what it is. Bass plays with very low action and will come with LaBella Low Tension Flats. Comes with the Fender case.

9lbs even on my digital scale.

SOLD

Features taken from Fender....

Scale Length: 34" (864 mm)
    Fingerboard Radius: 7.25" to 12" Compund Radius (184 mm to 305 mm)
    • Ash body
    • Gloss nitrocellulose lacquer body finish
    • Maple neck
    • Satin lacquer on back of neck, gloss lacquer on headstock face
    • "C" Shape neck
    • Fingerboard: Rosewood
    • Number of Frets: 20
    • Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
    • String Nut: Bone
    • Nut Width: 1.625" (41.3 mm)
    • Position Inlays: White Dot
    • Electronics
    • Bridge Pickup: American Vintage '64 Single-Coil Jazz Bass
    • Middle Pickup: American Vintage '63 Split Single-Coil Precision Bass
    • Controls: Volume 1. (Precision Bass Pickup), Volume 2. (Jazz Bass Pickup), Master Tone (Both Pickups)
    • Pickup Configuration: PJ
    • Hardware
    • Bridge: 4-Saddle Fender Hi-Mass
    • Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
    • Tuning Machines: Fender "F" Light-Weight Vintage-Paddle Keys with Tapered Shafts
    • Pickguard: 3-Ply Black
    • Miscellaneous
    • Strings: Fender USA, NPS, (Gauges .045 - .100)
    • Unique Features: HR Serial Number Prefix, 4-Bolt Neckplate with Engraved Vintage Hot Rod Crossed Checkered Flags Emblem, Single Disk String Tree and Stealth œA String Retainer, '60s Spaghetti Fender Precision Bass Logo Decal, Side-Mounted Oval Output Jack, Posiflex Graphite Neck Support Rods
    The Vintage Hot Rod 60s Precision Bass is a dual-pickup beauty that gives you the best P/J Fender bass tone, style and performance of both eras”authentically vintage-style design touches straight from the 1960s and hot-rodded modern mods ideal for todays players.

Premium features include an ash body; maple neck with œC-shaped profile, Posiflex graphite support rods, vintage-style heel-end truss rod adjustment and satin back finish; and a compound-radius (7.25-12) rosewood fingerboard with 20 medium jumbo frets, bone nut and aged white dot inlays. Richly versatile and powerful tone comes from its American Vintage 63 split single-coil Precision Bass (middle) and 64 Jazz Bass single-coil (bridge) pickups.

Other features include a three-ply white pickguard (Black model) or three-ply black pickguard (Natural model), three knurled chrome control knobs (volume 1, volume 2, master tone), Fender Hi-Mass bridge, side-mounted oval output jack, vintage-style tuners with tapered shafts, Stealth œA string retainer on headstock, locking strap buttons, and engraved Vintage Hot Rod neck plate with crossed checkered flags emblem. Available in Black and Natural gloss finishes. Includes vintage-style blonde case with orange interior, chrome pickup cover, 8 cable, thumb rest and vintage-style leather strap.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
    Gorn and BigDanT like this.
  2. ajschnitzelbank

ajschnitzelbank Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2012
    I have one of these in natural. I love it. My main player, and likely soon to be my only bass, because my backup Squire jazz never seems to make it out of the case.

3. ajschnitzelbank

ajschnitzelbank Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Also I paid more for it than this!

4. Sam Dingle

Sam Dingle Supporting Member

Aug 16, 2011
    New Orleans
    is this american made?

5. Adam Wright

Jun 6, 2002
    Arlington,Tx
    yup, hence the name American Vintage

BassIsBoss likes this.
  6. noeinstein

noeinstein Supporting Member

Sep 3, 2004
    Northern California
    Any idea when it was made?

7. Adam Wright

Jun 6, 2002
    Arlington,Tx
    These were only made in 2013 and I believe the run was only 100 basses. Anyone feel free to chime in if I'm off here.

8. dtsamples

dtsamples Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Wilmington, DE
    Dear Lauren Heaven, that'd be a nice thing to have.

9. GeeBass

GeeBass Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2004
    North/Central NJ
    Just throwing this out there - please chime in if anyone has definitive knowledge on this - I'm not 100%, but I think the wood used for the black finished model of this bass was actually alder, and the natural finish model was ash.

10. Adam Wright

Jun 6, 2002
    Arlington,Tx
    You're thinking of a different model. There aren't any specs anywhere that I've seen that shows these as having anything other than an ash body.

11. dtsamples

Apr 15, 2010
    Wilmington, DE
    If that could be proven I'd be pretty seriously interested. My hang up is the ash.

12. Adam Wright

Jun 6, 2002
    Arlington,Tx
    Well, OK. There are 2 clips of sound samples I posted...what wood do you hear? Do you think you'd play it and be able to tell the difference?

13. dtsamples

Apr 15, 2010
    Wilmington, DE
    Uh... No I can't tell from the clip. your point? Can you tell from a recording what wood you're hearing? Do you have preferences nonetheless?

14. moreblues

moreblues Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2013
    hudson valley,n.y.
    payment sent :bassist: