1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Fender American Vintage 62 P-Bass Fiesta Red AVRI

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ajschnitzelbank, Nov 2, 2018.

1. ajschnitzelbank

ajschnitzelbank Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Price:
    Strings:
    Great player. Seems to me to be stock. Can’t afford a custom shop Pino precision? Who cares if you can afford this! (Full disclosure: I’ve never played a Pino signature model, but this bass sounds and plays and looks great.)

Features:
    - Flat and wide neck.
    - Nitro finish.
    - Vintage sized frets.
    - Old school look with old style logo, neck plate serial, tug bar, strap button on headstock back, 20 fret, neck heel truss bar screw without cutaway, reverse tuners with tall clover leafs.
    - G&G brown case with yellow interior, case candy and hang tags.

Little scratches here and there, see photos. Pretty darn good shape for its age, I believe it's a 2001.

It pains me to sell this. It is my only bass so to say it’s my “main player” is not hype – but a contractor ripped me off and I’m broke and need my house sided.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
  2. lowendmafia

lowendmafia Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2007
    Sacramento, California
    What’s the year? I remeber this color way but I thought it came with a mint or parchment pickguard...

3. ajschnitzelbank

Sep 4, 2012
    You know, I don't know. I tried searching for the year based on serial number but it seems I need to take the neck off to look for a date, which I will. I have seen them around this age with mint pickguards. I thought this was all original, but maybe I'm wrong? The previous owner(s) did such a fine job keeping all the case candy and every little tag and booklet and even a fender sticker, I figured it was original.

4. ajschnitzelbank

Sep 4, 2012
    I edited the original post to reflect that it seems mostly stock but there's a question about the pickguard. Date is like a 2001 maybe? There are a bunch of different dates on the body and neck. See photos. I also pulled the pickguard off to look for any evidence of it being stock or not (like some sort of marking or tag), no luck. Also see photo of bridge cover off to see damaged paint.

Attached Files:

Smooth_bass88 likes this.
  5. russellh86

russellh86 Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2014
    I did a quick google image search and found both mint and tort pickguards on fiesta red AVRI 62s. It wouldn’t surprise me if Fender shipped these with both.

Btw, this bass is killer and I hate that it has to be sold because of a shady contractor. :spam::spam::spam:

GLWS

noeinstein and slobake like this.
  6. Smooth_bass88

Smooth_bass88 Groove it

web search "guitar dater project"

7. ajschnitzelbank

Sep 4, 2012
    Hey, thanks.

8. ajschnitzelbank

Sep 4, 2012
    Wow, neatwebsite. But doesn’t support vintage reissues. Still glad to know about it, thanks!

Smooth_bass88 likes this.
  9. Smooth_bass88

Smooth_bass88 Groove it

Yeah, interesting about that. I have a '62 AVRI P bass (like yours, but sunburst), and I encountered the same problem. However on mine there are clear date stamps on the neck and in the neck pocket (1991). Great looking bass you have. If I needed another I'd be all over this one!

10. Kukulkan61

Kukulkan61 Supporting Member

Feb 8, 2011
    Northern Arizona
    Great deal!! I don’t know why people pay thousands more for a Pino, basically the same bass with worn areas and a signature..
    I would be all over this if I didn’t already have 3 P basses GLWYS...

AndrewTaran and russellh86 like this.
  11. ajschnitzelbank

Sep 4, 2012
    Thanks! It's a really great bass. It kills me to part with, but I need siding on my house big time, it's already snowing here.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
  12. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    That is a very pretty bass. If I could still handle P width necks that would be headed west.

ajschnitzelbank likes this.
  13. ajschnitzelbank

Sep 4, 2012
    Just brought this baby to fedex for a weigh on a proper scale (assuming they calibrate them acxurately, hah). She’s 9.30 pounds, plus .25 more for the covers. To me, playing it, it honestly seems light for a vintage styled instrument. But I’m not really sure where that number stacks up compared to others.

14. FranF

FranF Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2004
    Northeastern PA
    Is the price $1,234?

15. ajschnitzelbank

Sep 4, 2012
    Yes.

russellh86 likes this.
  16. FranF

FranF Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2004
    Northeastern PA
    Thanks!

ajschnitzelbank likes this.
  17. ajschnitzelbank

Sep 4, 2012
    Check it out, found the same bass, sold here a few years back. These don't pop up too often (do a search)!

noeinstein likes this.
  18. hammo7

hammo7

Feb 14, 2008
    Brisbane Australia
    Sent you a PM

19. ajschnitzelbank

Sep 4, 2012
    On gold pending payment.

_godspeed_ and purpleflyhunter like this.
  20. chechunka

chechunka Supporting Member

Apr 18, 2009
    Beautiful bass.