1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Fender American Vintage '62 Precision Neck/Tuners & Bridge-Circa 1988

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by A-Step-Towards, Oct 8, 2017.

1. A-Step-Towards

A-Step-Towards Supporting Member

Nov 16, 2009
    Los Angeles California
    Price:
    Fender American Vintage '62 Precision Neck/Tuners & Bridge. I want to call this Neck NOS (new Old Stock) because up until a few months ago it had been untouched since brand new. It was installed on a non original body and I bought it in such shape and then took it back apart. The story on the neck goes as such. This bass was sold new sometime in the Later half of the 1980s. It was sold at Cassells Music, the Music shop seen in Waynes World. Before it left the store the buyer had brought another neck/bridge in and had it installed on the new bass. This neck was left behind, either as partial payment or sold im not sure. Anyways this sat in a box in that store 30 or so years. It was finally paired with another body and sold to me.I bought it in such shape intending to remove said body and build a vintage style P bass. I never used it in the form I bought it in and the original buyer never used the neck either, so its pretty much as new as possible. Its very clean. I only see a few marks around the headstock, from being moved around 30 years. The frets are perfect like a non played basses frets should be. No idea what the story on the bridge is but its the original bridge as the story went, guessing the other guy stuck a badass on or something. Im saying this bass is a circa 1988, with no date stamp I cant tell the exact year. Although I have had 2 other ones of these complete from 1988 and the headstock logo is in this position which is correct for 1988 but a incorrect position in general terms. I currently own a Custom shop '59 P bass, this neck is thinner in depth but the quality feels identical. I owned some newer 2000s American 62 P basses and the necks didnt feel as refined as this one does. One reason being is maybe because this Neck is stamped Gastelum. Herbie Gastelum has worked for Fender doing mainly neck work since 1961 and does to this day in Corona CA, also tells you this is a USA neck incase anyone doubted it as such.

All you need is a body and pickup and you can build a great Vintage reissue P with a vintage neck and currently their is a way to cool shell pink Warmoth body for sale. If I could finish every project id be buying that for this.

$649 Shipped

00E0E_7sjCVgTwAQS_1200x900.

2. A-Step-Towards

Nov 16, 2009
    Los Angeles California
    IMG_6414.JPG IMG_6415.JPG IMG_6416.JPG IMG_6417.JPG IMG_6418.JPG IMG_6419.JPG IMG_6420.JPG IMG_6421.JPG IMG_6422.JPG IMG_6423.JPG

Dark Horse likes this.
  3. A-Step-Towards

Nov 16, 2009
    Los Angeles California
    IMG_6410.JPG IMG_6411.JPG IMG_6412.JPG IMG_6424.JPG