1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. We are aware of an issue affecting search results for classifieds searches and advanced search functions.  Actively working on a fix, thanks for your patience!

SOLD Fender American Vintage '63 Precision Bass - Faded Sonic Blue

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by jsr914, May 13, 2016.

1. jsr914

jsr914 Supporting Member

Mar 21, 2011
    Indiana
    Price:
    Strings:
    image.jpeg Fender '63 reissue. American vintage series precision bass. Faded sonic blue.

Wasn't planning on selling this one, but gots bills to pay. Bought this bass on TB a couple of years ago. Some prior owner did a homemade relic job - Hence the price. I planned on refinishing it. Then I played it - plays so good that I just rocked it for the past year or two and forgot all about the cosmetics. By now some of the relic is fake, some of it was earned the hard way.

Excellent playing bass. Medium low action, buttery neck. All original minus the fake wear and some Schaller strap pegs. Excellent refinish candidate. Original case included with covers, strap, cord and most literature.

Wearing an old set of GHS flats. Weighs 8.6 lbs.

$950 shipped CONUS. no trades - I need the cash. PM with any questions.

maverick49, Burwabit and ExaltBass like this.
  2. jsr914

jsr914 Supporting Member

Mar 21, 2011
    Indiana
    image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Rob S likes this.
  3. jsr914

jsr914 Supporting Member

Mar 21, 2011
    Indiana
    image.jpeg image.jpeg

Laklandfan likes this.
  4. allotabass

allotabass Guest

Jan 30, 2016

Last edited: Jul 14, 2016
    Icculus, Camdiggity, TalHaz and 2 others like this.
  5. jsr914

jsr914 Supporting Member

Mar 21, 2011
    Indiana
    image.jpeg image.jpeg I was asked about the back of the neck. Yes, the gloss finish was knocked down by the previous owner. It has a satin, oil feel now. Very fast and confortable. Pics attached.

6. jsr914

jsr914 Supporting Member

Mar 21, 2011
    Indiana
    Sold. Thanks for all the interest.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 21, 2021