1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Fender American Vintage Fullerton Reissue '62 Reissue Precision Bass All Original 1982 Black w Case

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by limit6, Jul 10, 2018.

1. limit6

limit6 Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2007
    Philly, PA
    Price:
    Strings:
    IMG_4606.JPG I have here an all original Fender Fullerton Factory American Vintage Reissue '62 Precision Bass in Black. This bass has had one previous owner, was kept in a smoke free home, and wasn't gigged or played often. Included is the original case with all the hang tags, brochures and warranty information.

The Fullerton reissue, in short, was the buy-back from CBS and this was the first year of the reissues.

This bass is in excellent condition, there are a couple smalls abrasions on the body but overall really great for a nitrocellulose lacquer paint job over a polyurethane undercoat. The neck is straight, truss rod works perfectly, frets are in great condition and this ships in the original case.

Scale Weight: 8.5 lbs.

Any questions, please ask.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
    Salicete likes this.
  2. limit6

limit6 Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2007
    Philly, PA
    Photos

Attached Files:

3. drums1977

drums1977

Mar 31, 2008
    Malaga
    I have owned 6 of these, all great Fenders. GLWTS.

limit6 likes this.
  4. limit6

limit6 Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2007
    Philly, PA
    Reverb wrote this about Fullerton Era recently: "This is the first year of the original run of American Vintage Reissue basses from Fender. Interest in the first generation of American Vintage Reissue models—which were built in Fender's original Fullerton, California facility between 1982 and 1985—has been growing for some time. There have, of course, been quite a few reissue guitars made by Fender since this line, but these early ones are the only crop to be built in the same factory, and in some cases by the same hands, as those mythic '60s Fenders. there's a certain allure that exists with the Fullerton factory designation that is clearly part of the appeal of these instruments. Other factors include the particularly thin neck profiles found on these Precisions, as well as the perception that these guitars tend to age in a fashion similar to the older Fenders."

5. Krebsy

Krebsy

Jul 7, 2015
    I want this bass. Need to sell my 1 of 15 rare Rickenbacker guitar first.

limit6 likes this.
  6. Krebsy

Krebsy

Jul 7, 2015
    Where in PA are you?

Attached Files:

7. limit6

limit6 Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2007
    Philly, PA
    Lancaster

8. limit6

limit6 Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2007
    Philly, PA
    Awesome! GLWTS those are awesome guitars.

9. RedMoses

RedMoses

Jul 4, 2012
    NYC
    I had one of these for a couple years in the late 90's, i moved on because i had a hard on for Warwick but all these years later i still regret selling this one.

GLWS

limit6 likes this.