Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender American: What's your favorite color?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ccyork, Dec 7, 2004.

1. 3-Color Sunburst

46.8%
  2. Black

13.8%
  3. Sunset Orange Transparent

11.0%
  4. Chrome Red

8.7%
  5. Butterscotch Blonde

15.6%
  6. Chrome Silver

4.1%
  1. ccyork

ccyork

Jan 26, 2004
    USA
    Of the CURRENT color offerings of Fender American Standard Basses, what's your favorite?

2. I voted Sunset Orange Transparent...

I have a P bass in that colour...and its an awsome colour.

If i had to choose a number 2 though..it would be a tie between Chrome Red and Sunburst.

3. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    My favorite fender color is Olympic white :D

4. Virus

Virus

Apr 16, 2004
    Ontario
    Same here. I'm looking for an Olympic White Jazz bass. That would be so sexy to have.

But 3-Color Sunburst is my second fav so I voted that. :bassist:

5. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    My favorite color WAS aqua marine metallic. Amazing color.Now I'd have to say its Transparent Sunset Orange. Fender has a tendency to not make so great colors. That butterscotch blonde is just horrid when compared to an actual natural finish.

~Patrick

6. Suckbird

Suckbird Banned

May 4, 2004
    Sweden
    I voted for butterscotch blonde, i would love to have a butterscotch blonde precision with black pg and a maple fretboard, just look at this picture:
    [​IMG]
    My second choice would be sunset orange transparent i think.

7. kevinod

kevinod

Jun 29, 2002
    Cork, Ireland
    Voted sunburst... maybe its just 'cos most of the basses I've seen are that colour but it just isn't *really* a fender to me unless its either Sunburst or white (a-la stratocasters I've seen around).

Kev.

8. My black MIA 5'er... (it's a '97, but hey, it's still a valid color option) :D

9. Jeb

Jeb

Jul 22, 2001
    USA
    Ditto on the Aqua-Marine Metallic. That was very nice. Maple or Rosewood fingerboard didn't matter, that color was classy with both.

I've always liked the Midnight Wine color, even if it is only available with Mexi-made instruments. That color looks great with the rosewood. Sage green? Yeah, I like that one too.

Black always works. As does white with tortoise shell.... and butterscotch blond. And sunburst, and...

Shoot! they're all pretty good I guess.

:)

10. BIG +1

i love white basses...!! :D

but since its been discontinued from the american series, i voted sunburst. :hyper:

11. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I like butterscotch blonde.

12. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    My wifey used to have a Sunburst P. We sold it to get her a bass with a smaller profile neck as her hands are small. I really miss it though. That was a cool bass. It had lotsa mojo. :D

13. Sunburst with black p/g. Cant beat it!

14. Yellow!

…no, blue!

Aaaaarrrrggghhhh! (whooooooooosh…)

15. Anti_Wish

Anti_Wish

May 14, 2004
    Boston, Ma
    i voted chrome red. chrome red with a tort guard looks extremely nice. 2nd would be olympic white w/matching headstock and tort guard.

16. cgworkman

cgworkman

May 14, 2004
    Ohio
    Aged Cherry Burst

[​IMG]

17. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    Three color Sunburst is my first choice, with Black being second.

I had one (the 50th anniv P Bass) and while it was sweet to look at, the Bass didn't cut through like a P should. Maybe it was the maple board compared to rosewood, I'm really not sure. I back to backed it on several gigs and rehearsals with my 98 MIA P (Sunburst/rosewood....the one in my avatar), and even the Drummer noticed a difference (and when Drummers notice anything ....... :D ).

18. Aged Cherry Burst is the most underrated finish in Fender's arsenal. Too bas it's only on the Deluxe. I picked 3 color sunburst because it's the msot classic, representative, and beautiful Fender color, in my opinion. I think Chrome Silver is extremely nice, too.

[​IMG]

19. kearney

kearney

Jul 5, 2004
    this has to be the coolest color, unfortuately i cant find the model p bass they make it in

[​IMG]

EDIT: UGH after more reserch ive found that they make it one the roscoe beck bass

eww

20. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    I don't really care for any of the colors available from Fender this year :scowl: but I did buy an amber FMT V.