1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender Amp Info Needed

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassrev, Feb 27, 2008.

1. I am trying to find info on my amp set up. I am playing through a Fender 100 B head and a Fender Sidekick 100 B 1X15 cab. I purchased them new sometime around 1989. Does anybody know anything about these amps and cabs...when they were made? How much they might be worth now? etc. Any help would be appreciated

2. growler571

growler571

Sep 19, 2007
    OMG I finaly found another person that has owned this setup. I bought mine in 1989 as well brand new. It had the 1 15 inch woofer, in a wierd slanted baffle enclosure. And I also had the 100B bass head. Not very loud but sounded pretty good. Definately old school sounding. I had to get rid of it cuz it just wasnt loud enough for a rock band setting. i t got drounded out quite easily I remember in a full loud rock band setting. Yeah anyway Inof on these seem hard to find, but they did exist and arte quite reare to find now i believe. hey may be worth a little money not sure. Wish i had more info for you sorry. Good Luck.

3. rumblethump

rumblethump Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2000
    Pioneer CA. 95666
    I still have the bass cab. My brand new 5 string in 1996 smoked the stock 100 watt speaker. Anybody want it? Replaced it with a Carvin castframe 15. Much better. I've seen several in the last year for $100 to 150 max. and the head about the same maybe a bit more. The head was made in Japan and the cabinet USA. I liked the fact the 15 is tilted upward, I can hear it really well when I step up to the mic. I currently use it with a 2-12. Very nice combo that goes from vintage to modern. Its the one far right on the bottom.
    th_THERig.