Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender amplifer?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bigdavis_08, Oct 10, 2004.

1. Bigdavis_08

Bigdavis_08

Oct 7, 2004
    Hugoton, KS
    I'm looking at the Fender Rumble 100 Bass Combo amplifier. Every one of the reviews says that it is a great amp. Would this work with my Spector Performer 4 string bass?

2. Yes

3. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Define "work."

4. Bigdavis_08

Bigdavis_08

Oct 7, 2004
    Hugoton, KS
    would it "Do Well" "Sound Good"???

5. Munjibunga

May 6, 2000
    It all depends on the proposed application and your expectations. I'm pretty sure that it will function to amplify the signal of your bass, if that's what you mean. It will almost certainly sound better than your bass unamplified.

Define "sound good."

6. I beg to differ. I think his bass unamped will so better than through that... even if no one could hear it in a band setting.

Yeah, it'll amp up the bass loud enough for more band practice settings, and I've trie d afew in the past and thought they sounded decent. Might want to try them out out yourself if possible.

7. Munjibunga

May 6, 2000
    You really want one from the Bassman series. A Bassman 60 might be OK. Still a little wimpy. Try a Bassman 400 combo once.

8. EddieS

EddieS

Feb 27, 2003
    Toronto
    Fender likesto show off the rumble series have all of these "features" found only on profresional combos, but they never mention the sound. They dont mention the sound because it's flat and hard to tweak to get different styles out of the thing. I tried out the 100 and I'd only use one of these if my bass had a really nice, colorfull preamp.