fender amps rip off australia

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by heath_the_great, Mar 31, 2005.

1. weeelll...after checking out the fender website at amps...the 400pro combo does not come with the korg rack tuner....so thats fender saving $800aus or whatever on the rack tuner and we still probably pay more for it compared to what you americans pay for yours......

/end international musical instruments rip off

2. bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    How are locally made amps priced?

I have recently bought European made products that are better and more cost effective than stuff made in the states. I saved a lot of money going that route.

Buying local gear supports your local industry and hopefully, they will make better gear over time.
  3. oh i have no intention of buying that amp.....just seems alittle unfair.....but i dunno if there is any local amp makers/builders around here..might be..i just dont know of any....but im going yamaha or nemesis for my amp...

but im definately gonna get a aussie bass next, Maton, Cole Clarke or Belman
  4. thats weird...i didn't know that the tuner was standard for that amp. i remember talking to my friend at the guitar store here, and he said that the tuners were only part of a limited time offer, and that they weren't going to be doing that forever.
    apparently i'm wrong!
  5. bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    I just bought a Levinson Blade bass that just has me drooling. It's the first fretted bass in 10 years that has turned my head. Plays and sounds like my old 66 Jazz. Levinson is based in Switzerland and I picked it up for $400 less than an Aerodyne, and $1,000 less than a Marcus Miller. And, there's no comparison in quality.

Curious to get your review on the Nemesis if you buy it. It's a great amp.
  6. metron

metron Fluffy does not agree

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    I heard the same thing but Im not sure where...
  7. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    It doesn't seem like they mis-represent.

To quote the caption under the picture, "Australian model 400 PRO does not come equipped with a Rack Tuner."

from the US site:
    " USA Only, Introductory Offer Includes On Board Korg DTR-1000 Rack Mount Tuner ($210.00 Value), for a Limited Time"

It's only a promo deal
  8. where ya been heath?

EVERYTHING here is a ripoff!

except maybe my Fender Japanese 1962 Jazz Re-Issue, In Olympic White, with a rosewood board, for only $1000..

/end shameless plug :D
  9. bastard...oh well..i have a 70's style ksd 5 string jazz bass...ner ner ni ner ner
  10. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA

11. remo

Jan 15, 2005
    fender???? man we get ripped of on EVERYTHING..

even a brand new LOCALLY MADE Wayne Jones cost more here than shipped to the USA..

Musicman SR5 here rrp AUD $3800
    i got mind delivered from the US for AUD $1900.

Australia, nice place... just don't buy anything.
  12. i want a belman bass :bawl:
    something you americans dont have :p
    mmmm mmm mmmmmmmm
  13. Lockout

Dec 24, 2002
    Interesting... Those two basses on the bottom left look very Lakland-ish.
  14. :rolleyes: thats the traditional series...just check www.belmanguitars.com

oh..we also have maton and cole clark :smug: who are soon to be producing basses i hear
  15. Lockout

Dec 24, 2002
    Ah, they don't look much alike. Guess it's just the angle of that photo.
  16. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    No, you are right.
  17. Fender importers often make the mistake (if it is one) of treating Fender as luxury class goods rather than mid price workmanlike stuff. So they assume low sales and charge high prices.

In Turkey, this has been the case, with a P bass going for two thousand dollars plus. However, the importer has now changed, and they are talking of at least a 30% cut in prices.
  18. bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Hi Andy

Same story here in the land of cheese and chocolate. I don't blame Fender or any manufacturers. There seems to be this bizare mindset that it is better to have over priced gear sitting around not selling at over the top prices, than it is to sell more with a smaller margin. As a result, you can find many great discontinued Eden, SWR, and Ampeg gear that was discontinued years ago in many of the stores.

Maybe they're waiting for it to become vintage to be sold as N.O.S.. :rollno:
  19. didnt ya hear? that sht new fender store aged series

20. Not to mention that EBS isn't far away and is as good as or better. :)