Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender Amps

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by tiredman9, Jan 17, 2006.

1. tiredman9

tiredman9

Aug 15, 2005
    New York
    I've always liked Fender Bass Amps. I just liked their tone, even the low end ones. But lately they have been lacking a little character for the band I am in. But not enough for it to make a difference. I just think there great amps. What does everyone else think?

2. I like the Fender bass sound too, a lot. Those professional 2x10 combos they are making now sound REALLY good.

You might want to dial in a little more low mid punch.

3. Horny Toad

Horny Toad Guest

Mar 4, 2005
    NJ
    I just picked up a Fender Bassman 300 PRO about two weeks ago and I'm totally diggin' it with my Schroeder 310212:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    Not quite the same lines, but my old Bassman 100 tube head sounds fantastic. No matter which way the knobs go, you can't get a bad sound. I like that.

5. guy n. cognito

guy n. cognito Secret Agent Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    I just bought a Bassman 250/115. It has a fabulous tone!

6. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    Man, that is one killer rig!

7. protoz

protoz

Nov 30, 2000
    Iowa
    That's also one crazy EQ setting on the graphical EQ. I couldn't go much past half way on most settings before I was clipping with my 1200S (Bassman 1200 Pro). I'll see if my 300T (Bassman 300 Pro) will like it better

8. Toad! you stole my rig! looks nice with that little flight case on top though...

9. Horny Toad

Horny Toad Guest

Mar 4, 2005
    NJ
    That "little" flight case is a full-size SKB rack case. Just looks small sitting on top of that beefy Fender. :D :bassist:

I've only had the Fender for about two weeks, so I'm still getting used to all the controls and tone possibilities. I should have bought a tube rig years ago. I love it.

[​IMG]

10. Likewise! Tube amps Rule! I couldn't believe the power in that beast when I first tried it!

Ps. Does your cab distort (particularly the 10s) with the gain and master on about halfway (eq flat) if you play hard on the B string? Because mine does, and I am thinking it is because Fedex had some fun with it on the way over to me?

11. Horny Toad

Horny Toad Guest

Mar 4, 2005
    NJ
    Hard to say, being as I play only four string basses. :smug: :p

I haven't experienced any cab farting or distortion at all. The only distortion I get is when I dial it in from the Fender.

[​IMG]

12. glad to hear it... I thought maybe the amp was over driving or I was just pushing the cab too hard, but the distortion definitely wasn't tube amp distortion! When I tried it again at practice, I realized that I actually wasn't playing that loud, and when I plugged it into my Hartke cabs, they were still fine at that same volume?