1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fender and it's shipping policies..

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Laguna J., Jul 27, 2004.

1. Laguna J.

Laguna J.

Dec 10, 2002
    Liverpool, UK
    I just tried ordering an American Fender bass from music123.com and it says manufacturer restrictions prevent it from shipping outside the US.. is this is a new thing? struck me as kinda weird, since i've ordered fenders from abroad before, and i live in the UK.

Help :/

2. *whispers*

Guitar Trader - hassle-free shipping to the UK.. great deals, too.

3. diabolik

diabolik

Jul 20, 2004
    Interesting, I live in New Zealand and Guitar Trader wouldn't ship a Fender to me, ended up having to buy a near-new one off e-bay.

4. ive found that most those american sites dont ship overseas...or to australia at least.....especially musicians friend..i wanted a spector of there ages ago when they had a rediculus %age off but they dont ship outside the us

5. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Music123? I fart in their general direction. I live 10 minutes from Guitar Trader. They cut me a monster deal on that Yamaha TRB5-PII. I don't know about their shipping policy.

6. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Its a fairly common policy with large internet stores because some (not all) manufacturers restrict overseas sales to protect their local distributors. I had the same problem today with a $20 part for my car audio system, I couldnt find it here (without ordering it from the manufacturer), but overseas sites wouldnt ship it to me because the manufacturer didnt want to upset local dealers / distributors.

Sometimes items that otherwise would not be restricted get caught up because the store will just make a global policy not to ship OS to avoid any inadvertant breachs of its dealer agreement.