Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender and it's shipping policies..

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Laguna J., Jul 27, 2004.

1. Laguna J.

Laguna J.

Dec 10, 2002
    Liverpool, UK
    I just tried ordering an American Fender bass from music123.com and it says manufacturer restrictions prevent it from shipping outside the US.. is this is a new thing? struck me as kinda weird, since i've ordered fenders from abroad before, and i live in the UK.

Help :/

2. *whispers*

Guitar Trader - hassle-free shipping to the UK.. great deals, too.

3. diabolik

diabolik

Jul 20, 2004
    Interesting, I live in New Zealand and Guitar Trader wouldn't ship a Fender to me, ended up having to buy a near-new one off e-bay.

4. ive found that most those american sites dont ship overseas...or to australia at least.....especially musicians friend..i wanted a spector of there ages ago when they had a rediculus %age off but they dont ship outside the us

5. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Music123? I fart in their general direction. I live 10 minutes from Guitar Trader. They cut me a monster deal on that Yamaha TRB5-PII. I don't know about their shipping policy.

6. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Its a fairly common policy with large internet stores because some (not all) manufacturers restrict overseas sales to protect their local distributors. I had the same problem today with a $20 part for my car audio system, I couldnt find it here (without ordering it from the manufacturer), but overseas sites wouldnt ship it to me because the manufacturer didnt want to upset local dealers / distributors.

Sometimes items that otherwise would not be restricted get caught up because the store will just make a global policy not to ship OS to avoid any inadvertant breachs of its dealer agreement.