1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Fender Artist Series Sting Precision Bass – Excellent condition

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by GAS-Xtreme, Sep 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GAS-Xtreme

GAS-Xtreme Registered Loser

Apr 15, 2007
    Central Florida
    FS: Fender Artist Series Sting Precision Bass – Excellent condition

[​IMG]

What it’s all about:
    Up for sale is a Fender Japan-made replica of Sting’s 1954 Precision bass in excellent condition. Fender’s product website is here. It features reverse tuners, vintage single-coil pickup and Sting signature overlay at the 12-th fret. This bass has a fantastic classic sound; if you’ve tried it at a shop and plug it into a G-K or SWR amp with a decent cab, you’ll know what I mean.

Its condition:
    This bass is in excellent condition; please see the pictures, particularly the ones with reflected light to see its lack of scratches. In the interest of full disclosure, the only thing on this bass that I would consider a blemish is the superficial and barely noticeable line crack at the headstock pictured below; you can hardly tell it’s there unless you get close up. It does not go all the way through the thickness of the stock and does not affect playability or tuning of the first string. Other than that it’s super clean, never gigged and has no buckle rash or chips off the finish.

Where/when I got it: E-bay auction about 4 years ago.

Why I’m selling it:
    While I love the looks and sound of this bass (particularly through my BassPOD’s amp models), I’m just not giving it the use it deserves. I mostly play my Lakland 55-02 at my church and never really find a good opportunity to play this beauty. When I’m at home I love to practice some Stevie Wonder tunes on it to use that pickup’s vintage sound, but I’m not playing that type of gig, so it’s not very useful to me. Secondly, I find it does not fit my hands very well.

What it comes with:
    This bass comes with original chrome hardware, white pickguard, black nylon gig bag and a set of Rotosound RS77-LD long scale flat-wounds. Those are $40 strings and I put those on to take away some of the excessively trebly bite this thing has when you turn the tone knob all the way up. It calms it down just right and gives its tone more of a vintage feel. I’ll include the original strings as well.

Also, If you’ve tried this bass at the shop, you may have noticed resting your thumb on the pickup leaves little space for plucking and makes this bass a little odd to play, so I’ve made a shim to put there to position the thumb better.

Why you should buy it:
    This bass is increasing in value and is becoming a collector’s item. Its retail price was less than $650 a few years ago and nowadays you’ll find it in the shops for $750. If you like how it sounds and looks, you can get it in great condition for less.

Terms of Sale:
    Selling for $525 with UPS ground shipping and insurance included, unless an Orlando, FL area pick-up is desired. Not looking for a trade at this time; trying to thin the collection. Accept PayPal (use your credit cards if you like) and Money Order or Cashier’s Check. These methods of payment are quick to verify and you'll get your bass quicker. Upon verification of payment I'll head to the shipping store and get it on its way. I'll e-mail a scan of the shipping receipt with the tracking number on it. Once it is shipped I'm no longer responsible for the bass.

About Me:
    I've prepared this lengthy posting because I've bought and sold basses over the internet and I know it's always a concern to make sure you're getting the real deal. You can check my online reputation as eBay member theaerokid and send me a message to verify that it’s me. Please ask any questions to check this out. Ask for more photos if you're seriously considering it, but I’m a busy guy and I may not be able to respond same day. I'm willing to jump through a few hoops, within reason, to make sure you are buying with confidence. Thanks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. GAS-Xtreme

Apr 15, 2007
    Central Florida
    This piece is at a great price. If I don't hear from TalkBass'ers soon it's going to have to go to eBay.

3. GAS-Xtreme

Apr 15, 2007
    Central Florida
    Payment pending...

4. JonathanD

JonathanD

Dec 13, 2006
    Atlanta, GA
    Lucky buyer!

5. 9mmMike

9mmMike Would you happen to have a cookie for me? Supporting Member

I concur.

6. GAS-Xtreme

Apr 15, 2007
    Central Florida
    SOLD! Thanks for the responses. You'll love this bass!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.