1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fender as a company?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by d8g3jdh, Apr 12, 2006.

1. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    First off, this is in OT because it doesn't really have anything to do with music, since this is a business project and I just picked an instrument company because, well, it's interesting. Edit: And now it's in misc. Cooooooool

Anyways, my project is to research an organization and get some information on its structure and how it is organized. Stuff like, how are the divisions set up, is it mechanical or organic, etc. Everything to do with the structure of the company. But my teacher isn't so hot on me doing them, since she doesn't think there is enough info. I figured you guys might know some stuff about fender, or at least some places to get some info. Not stuff on their products, more their structure and organization.

The more you post by monday night the better, since I want to have made a final decision by then. :)

2. About Fender®

Fender Musical Instruments Corporation (FMIC) is the world’s foremost manufacturer of guitars, amplifiers, and related equipment. Since 1946, the name Fender has become synonymous with all things rock ‘n’ roll: from Buddy Holly to Jimi Hendrix to Eric Clapton to Kurt Cobain and everything in between. Fender’s iconic instruments, such as the Telecaster®, Stratocaster®, Precision Bass® and Jazz Bass® guitars, are known the world over as the instruments that started the rock revolution, and they continue to be highly prized among today’s hottest guitarists and collectors alike.

Today, the FMIC family has grown to include several distinctive musical instrument brands, including Fender®, Squier®, Guild®, Benedetto®, Gretsch®, Jackson®, Charvel®, SWR®, Tacoma®, Olympia®, and Orpheum®.

In addition, FMIC manufactures a complete line of professional audio equipment under the Fender brand, including the innovative Passport® portable sound system. Fender also offers a complete line of accessories, including strings, authorized replacement parts, cases, straps and Fender logo sportswear.

FMIC’s United States facilities are located in Arizona, California, Washington and Tennessee, with International facilities in Mexico, England, Germany, France, Spain, Sweden and Japan.

William Mendello, Chief Executive Officer
    Matthew Janopaul, President

Fender Musical Instruments Corporation
    8860 E. Chaparral Road, Suite 100
    Scottsdale, AZ 85250
    Telephone: (480) 596-9690
    Fax: (480) 596-1384
    www.fender.com

directly from their website (why do they have the url adress on the website?) i bet if you called that number they could answer most of your questions

3. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    Peter, that last link is great, thanks very much!

I may be dropping the class tomorrow, but if I don't this is all very helpful!

Hey, this is in misc now...ok.