1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender AVRI Jazz question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Rlbragg15, Dec 28, 2017.

1. Rlbragg15

Rlbragg15

May 25, 2013
    ATL
    TBers -

I have a Fender 2016 AVRI Jazz bass that is awesome. I have, however, noticed that the A & D string output seems less than the E & G. The pickups are set to Fender spec height and the string heights are 3/32" (E) to 2/32" (G). When I measure from the top of the pickups to the strings, the distance is higher for the A & D, which makes sense for a 7.25" neck.

Would replacement vintage spec pickups with raised A & D pole pieces (i.e. Fralin, Lollar, etc) help or create another problem?

Thanks!

2. Dwight

Dwight

Apr 9, 2012
    I have a '62 avri jazz bass that sounds fine so I won't be changing any pick ups. Can you eq it with your amp?

3. Glazenn

Glazenn

May 16, 2011
    France
    I have changed the Original Vintage pickups on my AVRI '62 Jazz (2005) for a set of Custom Shop '60s Jazz PUs and it's a great upgrade. However, I have never experienced a weaker signal with the A and D strings on any of both sets (using light gauge Chromes).

upload_2017-12-29_11-44-1.

4. Midak

Midak

Sep 4, 2011
    Athens, Greece
    You may get more replies if you ask here, too. :)