Fender B-Dec 30 amp fault

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bassman Rod, Mar 13, 2022.

1. Bassman Rod

Bassman Rod

Mar 13, 2022
    I've owned my Fender B-DEC 30 amp since buying it new in 2007 (15 years ago) for $725 in Melbourne Australia. I've really only used it as an amp, for low volume practice, but I've recently started to use its many features as a learning tool. It's grouse. All worked well until recently, - after several minutes of use (with loops etc running) it shuts down, and puts out a horrible distorted noise. All controls become inoperative and buttons illuminate red. IMG_20220213_174707.jpg Has anyone else experienced this, and how did you fix it? I will contact a repairer in Melbourne this week and let you know, but any tips are welcome.
    Rod.

Attached Files:

2. JohnnyMtn

JohnnyMtn

Nov 16, 2022
    Hi Rod. I know, late reply here but I found your post while searching around. Yes, I am having the same problem with my B-DEC 30. I haven't used it in probably a year and then recently when I do use it the amp part works fine but if I use the scroll wheel to go to another preset the lcd will freeze after the third or fourth scroll and it will emit a stingy buzzing sound. At that point all functions/buttons do not work and I no longer get any sound out of the amp.

I would really like to continue using this amp because it's been quite the friend. Curious if you were able to resolve the problem with yours.

3. agedhorse

agedhorse Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Development Engineer-Mesa Boogie, Development Engineer-Genzler (pedals), Product Support-Genz Benz
    Contact a Fender authorized service center, these are challenging amps to work on without experience and factory support. I believe that some parts are no longer available as well, but Fender may have some acceptable work-arounds.