Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender Bass/Amp Squier Pak... ne good?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Punk_Princess19, Sep 15, 2001.

1. umm.. yes.. my question is the title of the thread. Is it a good idea to get.. or should i jus buy the MIM jazz or MIM p bass instead and get a amp to go ith it??;) :confused: :eek: :rolleyes:

2. Anyone there!?!?!?

3. Get the MIM (Jazz :D) and amp seperate. You will pretty much be set for basses for a nice long time with an MIM and if you ever want to upgrade, the MIM will quite nicely fit just about any part you want to put in it :)

(Color me offended :( :rolleyes: )

4. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Your call. You want to play through the amp first thing, then go ahead and get the pack. it's as good a starting point as any.

If you're like me, and you just want a bass, amp be darned, then go ahead and get a MIM J or P, and get an amp later. I didn't get an amp for a while after I got my bass, and unless you're going to be jamming with some friends RIGHT NOW, and the whole world will collapse unless you play through 15 watt amp, I'd go get the MIM. And then maybe a semi-decent amp a bit later.

And IMHO, a MIM is worth upgrading and keeping for a long while. A squire isn't really a "keeper", for the most part.

5. Dallins_gurl

Dallins_gurl

Jun 11, 2001
    Utah USA
    I got one of those and I LOVE it. It's a great starter set. The amps are just fine for starts! Very nice build and sound.