Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender Bass Made In Holland ???

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by SeedyBloke, Jan 14, 2003.

1. I ordered a new fender p-bass special for my 21st birthday about 2 months ago and it still has not arrived to the UK where i live yet :(

I understand that it can take a while to order a bass from the UK as my bass is supposed to be a MIM so it's got quite a distance to travel!

However I spoke to the guy at the bass centre who is ordering it for me and aparrently it is coming from Holland in Europe where it would normally be sent to the US apparently. :confused:

I am confused! Why would it be coming from Holland if it is a Mexican made bass?? Has the bass centre guy got it wrong or are are some Fenders manufactured or maybe finished in Holland?

Please help!

2. Fender Europe probably has its distribution center in Holland.

3. 2 months? that would drive me insane!!!

4. I know!

It was supposed to come by christmas which would have been perfect as my birthday is on x-mas eve.

Still not come yet though and the bass centre guy says it will prob be another 1-2 weeks until it gets to the UK!!

Arrgh...it's driving me nuts!!

Should be worth the wait though and the bass centre guy said he's gonna throw in a bass goodie bag to say sorry for keeping me waiting which I thought was pretty cool.