Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

fender bass questions

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Chriss62, Feb 3, 2002.

1. Chriss62

Chriss62

Jul 24, 2000
    Austin, Texas
    Does anybody own an American Fender Deluxe P 5? What kinda tones does that humbucker get? Is it as versatile and the American Deluxe Jazz 5? Which would you pick(if you dont already own the p bass)

2. I can't speak for the Precision Deluxe 5, but I can speak for the Precision Deluxe 4, which is close enough to what you're talking about.

The P deluxe is versatile in the fact that it can be used in almost any musical context and you can pull alot of tones out of that sucker.

The humbucker is *supposed* to get a Music Man tone, but it doesn't... however, it still sounds pretty good and works better with the P pup then a normal jazz pup at the bridge.

However, when choosing between the Jazz & P, its purely a matter of taste... some people like Js, others like Ps, some like both, some wouldn't get caught dead with either. Do a search for 'Precision vs Jazz' threads to see what I mean. If possible, try to use both basses in a band setting to see which works out better for you.

Anyways, doing a search for 'Precision Deluxe' should help you out and answer some of your questions.