fender bass questions

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Chriss62, Feb 3, 2002.

1. Chriss62

Jul 24, 2000
    Austin, Texas
    Does anybody own an American Fender Deluxe P 5? What kinda tones does that humbucker get? Is it as versatile and the American Deluxe Jazz 5? Which would you pick(if you dont already own the p bass)
  2. I can't speak for the Precision Deluxe 5, but I can speak for the Precision Deluxe 4, which is close enough to what you're talking about.

The P deluxe is versatile in the fact that it can be used in almost any musical context and you can pull alot of tones out of that sucker.

The humbucker is *supposed* to get a Music Man tone, but it doesn't... however, it still sounds pretty good and works better with the P pup then a normal jazz pup at the bridge.

However, when choosing between the Jazz & P, its purely a matter of taste... some people like Js, others like Ps, some like both, some wouldn't get caught dead with either. Do a search for 'Precision vs Jazz' threads to see what I mean. If possible, try to use both basses in a band setting to see which works out better for you.

Anyways, doing a search for 'Precision Deluxe' should help you out and answer some of your questions.