1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender Bass String Ferrules

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by sarlscharisma, May 18, 2011.

1. sarlscharisma

sarlscharisma

Nov 6, 2007
    I am currently in a dispute with guitarpartsresource.com.

I received a set of 4 string ferrules, but they don't match my US Fender Jazz 2008.

Fender told me I need part 004 8604 049. I put this to guitarpartsresource.com and sent them photographs of the ferrules I received against my current ones, but they say they are the same. They are saying they sent me 004 8604 000 and that this is the same as the 004 8604 049. They adamant they have sent me the correct ferrules and are refusing to send me anymore out.

Any parts experts out there agree about the parts numbers being the same? Very confusing!

2. Rebop

Rebop

Jul 9, 2008
    La Honda, CA
    My supplier doesn't even list the 004-8604-000 in their catalog. Just the -049, weird. Anyways, sounds like you got the wrong stuff. Bummer that they're not helping.

3. Phendyr_Loon

Phendyr_Loon

Sep 4, 2010
    How are the two different? Is it in dimensions or just appearance?

It sure is confusing, even within Fenders OE ferrules as there is several sizes per the different production models.

A while ago I fitted a Fender MIM Jazz with a BA 3 bridge and I wanted to use ferrules that were close in appearance and size to the MIA OE bass ferrules. I think these were 3/8" diameter, 7/8" deep.

4. Antny

Antny

Jan 30, 2011
    New York
    need pix.

5. sarlscharisma

sarlscharisma

Nov 6, 2007
    The diameter and bevel edging is slightly different, so really it is both size and appearance

6. BillMason

BillMason Supporting Member

Mar 6, 2007
    See if Fender can send you some, tell them you can't find them. They'll be able to tell you exactly what the -049 ones are.

7. sarlscharisma

sarlscharisma

Nov 6, 2007
    Update from Fender: 004 8604 049 and 004 8604 000 are the same, the former represents a pack of 4.

I think the answer is Fender do not offer exact matching ferrules for 2008 basses onwards, only near matches. Disappointing!!