1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender bass up to 500$ recommendation ?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by evilchobg, Nov 5, 2013.

1. evilchobg

evilchobg

Nov 5, 2013
    Hi guys!
    I am struggling to pick a new bass that will match my desired sound and cutting edge in my band (alternative/hard rock) and I always loved the Fender sound, mainly Jazz Bass. I have an ESP LTD B-50 and I feel that the sound can`t really do that. As you know they are sh*t ton of models of jazz basses and I can`t make the difference anymore. I know how I can make it - by going in the store and trying it out but I am from Bulgaria(Europe) and the stores are with dealerships(Only fenders, only Ibanez etc.) and do not really have plenty of choice for basses so even if I have to buy one i`ll order it from Germany or I don`t know. I bet you guys tested a lot of em and can throw me a couple of useful hints :) I am setting a mark of 500 because damn you USA and your 20% cheaper electronics :crying: ! Mainly somewhere at 500-600. That would be like 600 euro tops in Europe.

2. Look out for a 1980's or 90's Made in Japan bass: Precision or Jazz depending on taste.

Davo

3. used Jaguar.

4. evilchobg

evilchobg

Nov 5, 2013
    Yea I know but its really a needle in a haystack finding Japan basses or Jaguar. I have been searching since last year and that`s why I gave up(even if I found they were too pricy).

5. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
    I'd try to find a Highway 1.

6. If I was in Europe I 'd look closely @ Sanburg California J with Delanos or a Clover Apeiron with Delanos . Used if possible . Not sure of new market pricing for your area .

7. In that price range I would take a look at the Fender Modern Player series.
    They look great, sound great IMO, and the price is right.

If you're one of those xenophobic people who hate asian basses you're just gonna have to get a MIM Fender and upgrade what you don't like about it.

8. evilchobg

evilchobg

Nov 5, 2013
    No mate I actually want a MIJ J Bass. It is kinda hard to trust those Ebay sellers.

9. Your best bet would be to find a kindheated member of TalkBass to sell you a Geddy Lee signature bass.

Try the Want to Buy section of the classifieds here.

10. wild4oldcars

wild4oldcars

Jan 22, 2012
    Garner, NC
    used aerodyne jazz. great basses, mij fender quality

11. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative

Apr 23, 2006
    Austin, TX
    These are great choices.

12. evilchobg

evilchobg

Nov 5, 2013
  13. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative

Apr 23, 2006
    Austin, TX
    Outside of your posted price range, but other than that why do you think it's fishy? I've seen Japanese Fender models that were not available in the US, like a Precision with an added MM pickup in the bridge position.

14. elBandito

elBandito

Dec 3, 2008
    Rotten Apple
    You can probably score a used american precision for 500. Jazz for maybe a hundred more. Brand new MIM for 500 sounds tempting, but I'd rather go used MIA over brand new MIM.

15. evilchobg

evilchobg

Nov 5, 2013
    After 2 days of heavy research I finally concluded that 500$ as a final price is mission impossible. If I include shippings, taxes and all that bullcr^p it will go over 700 and up to 800 and since I am currently student at university and I don`t have any income at the moment. I think i`ll just have to settle with a Modern Player Jazz bass 2013 (http://www.thomann.de/de/fender_modern_player_jbass_bk_satin.htm ) for now since they are like 480 euro and affordable.