Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender Bass VI

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ADbassman, Jan 28, 2005.

1. I guess this fits this forum because it *is* technechly a bass.

Anyway, does anybody have any information or experiences with the new (Reissue I think?) Fender Bass VI. This thing looks pretty nice, but I've never played a baritone guitar before. The idea sounds good, but maybe somebody with a little experience with one could tell me if this thing is worth the money.

Also, do you play this through a guitar amp or a bass amp, or is it good for both?

2. well, i believe you are talking about the fender baritone jaguar, its supposed to be an upgraded bass VI, i really really like it. i played it through a bass amp, and it sounded like a bass, which surprised me a little. it also has a bass kill switch, which cuts off some of the bass frequencies, so you can play it like a baritone guitar, and it won't interfere with the bassist's sound...really nice bass.
    major GAS.

Charlie

3. Garry Goodman

Garry Goodman

Feb 26, 2003

I had a chance to play one recently.I saw that is had the Jaguar body shape,not the original Bass VI body.Although it is a reissue,it had the old Fender look and sounded pretty good.The lower 4 strings,like the Bass VI are E1,A1,D2 and G2,so it's the same as a 4 string bass.I played it through a guitar amp. When I used my Bass VI's (check out http;//garrygoodman.con in the photo section) Gibson Eb6 etc,.I went through a two way bass sytem to get the low end out.
    I thought the Jaguar bass was nice,especially for guitarists or guys like myself that like the closer spacing.