1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fender Bass VI

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ADbassman, Jan 28, 2005.

1. I guess this fits this forum because it *is* technechly a bass.

Anyway, does anybody have any information or experiences with the new (Reissue I think?) Fender Bass VI. This thing looks pretty nice, but I've never played a baritone guitar before. The idea sounds good, but maybe somebody with a little experience with one could tell me if this thing is worth the money.

Also, do you play this through a guitar amp or a bass amp, or is it good for both?

2. well, i believe you are talking about the fender baritone jaguar, its supposed to be an upgraded bass VI, i really really like it. i played it through a bass amp, and it sounded like a bass, which surprised me a little. it also has a bass kill switch, which cuts off some of the bass frequencies, so you can play it like a baritone guitar, and it won't interfere with the bassist's sound...really nice bass.
    major GAS.

Charlie

3. Garry Goodman

Garry Goodman

Feb 26, 2003

I had a chance to play one recently.I saw that is had the Jaguar body shape,not the original Bass VI body.Although it is a reissue,it had the old Fender look and sounded pretty good.The lower 4 strings,like the Bass VI are E1,A1,D2 and G2,so it's the same as a 4 string bass.I played it through a guitar amp. When I used my Bass VI's (check out http;//garrygoodman.con in the photo section) Gibson Eb6 etc,.I went through a two way bass sytem to get the low end out.
    I thought the Jaguar bass was nice,especially for guitarists or guys like myself that like the closer spacing.