1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender Bassman 100 1x10

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by twangman, May 9, 2010.

1. twangman

twangman

May 8, 2010
  2. It's a perfectly good bedroom amp. If you play live at very low volumes (coffee houses), it's an excellent amp. Good DI, so you can use it monitor onstage for low-volume gigs with PA support (for which the tiltback design is a great thing). Utterly inadequate for using alone with a full-volume band. Can't drive an external cabinet.

To be clear, I think the current Bassman series amps are excellent for what they can do; well made, good sound, good features, good DI. I've owned that 100/110 and the 250/115. But they are low output, particularly compared to other amps in their class (and to their rated wattage). For any of the live performance scenarios listed above, I think the 150/112 is a far better choice, if you can find one for around $250 or less.

IIRC, I believe I bought mine for $175 used and sold it for the same. IMO $225 is absolutely at the top end of its price range for used, wouldn't dream of buying one new.

HTH,

-jb