Fender Bassman 100/200 Combos

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by DriveThruEmoKid, May 20, 2003.

1. Would you guys say that these mps are a good value? Im looking at the Bassman 100 for 500 Dollars. It sounds pretty good but i want some other opinions. :bassist:
  2. bentem

Oct 18, 2002
    Rockville, MD
    THey are great amps, definitley worth the money.
  3. CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    I've been using a Fender BassMan 200 for right about 18 months or so. Only have had 1 thing go wrong with it [had to get the input jack replaced]. It has held up pretty well, it's got a few tears and scratches on the tolex but hey i got it to play through. It has survived Marching Band [including playing @ the RCA Dome], 2 Show Choir Seasons, plus Jazz Band and more misc. bands. I'd say play through one & compare it to some others before buying it if you can though. Thats all
  4. I've played through all the Fender Bassman amps and I like the sound. I had a Bassman 60, but, it just stopped working one day. I bought an Ampeg B100R after that and liked it much better. Only thing with this Ampeg: You CAN NOT add a second cabinet.

Bassman 100 for $500? That sounds about right.

I just recently played through an SWR 750 rig w/4x10 cab - WOW! That SWR tone is sweet squared.
    One of these will probably be my next amp.

Fender has an "all around tone," IMHO.

5. tyson

Feb 9, 2000
    Dallas, TX
    i have the Bassman 100. got it for $499. it has very sweet tone. volume in a full practice or gig with 2 guitars and a drummer is insufficient. needs to plug into a PA under those situations. if your bandmates aren't too loud it should be sufficient. personally, i wish i has something louder, smaller, and cheaper with equally good tone...this doesn't really exist, though. for just practicing around the house or apartment, i think the Bassman 25 is sufficient.
  6. TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    I like my Bassman100...but if it was gonna be my only rig, I would put the money towards a cab/amp set-up...that way you can have more power or the ability to add cabs/more power later.