Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender Bassman 100/200 Combos

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by DriveThruEmoKid, May 20, 2003.

1. Would you guys say that these mps are a good value? Im looking at the Bassman 100 for 500 Dollars. It sounds pretty good but i want some other opinions. :bassist:

2. bentem

bentem

Oct 18, 2002
    Rockville, MD
    THey are great amps, definitley worth the money.

3. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    I've been using a Fender BassMan 200 for right about 18 months or so. Only have had 1 thing go wrong with it [had to get the input jack replaced]. It has held up pretty well, it's got a few tears and scratches on the tolex but hey i got it to play through. It has survived Marching Band [including playing @ the RCA Dome], 2 Show Choir Seasons, plus Jazz Band and more misc. bands. I'd say play through one & compare it to some others before buying it if you can though. Thats all

4. I've played through all the Fender Bassman amps and I like the sound. I had a Bassman 60, but, it just stopped working one day. I bought an Ampeg B100R after that and liked it much better. Only thing with this Ampeg: You CAN NOT add a second cabinet.

Bassman 100 for $500? That sounds about right.

I just recently played through an SWR 750 rig w/4x10 cab - WOW! That SWR tone is sweet squared.
    One of these will probably be my next amp.

Fender has an "all around tone," IMHO.

Mike

5. tyson

tyson

Feb 9, 2000
    Dallas, TX
    i have the Bassman 100. got it for $499. it has very sweet tone. volume in a full practice or gig with 2 guitars and a drummer is insufficient. needs to plug into a PA under those situations. if your bandmates aren't too loud it should be sufficient. personally, i wish i has something louder, smaller, and cheaper with equally good tone...this doesn't really exist, though. for just practicing around the house or apartment, i think the Bassman 25 is sufficient.

6. TxBass

TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    I like my Bassman100...but if it was gonna be my only rig, I would put the money towards a cab/amp set-up...that way you can have more power or the ability to add cabs/more power later.