Fender Bassman 100 VS Ampeg BA115

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by PlayBass, Aug 27, 2005.

1. PlayBass

Aug 20, 2005
    I am currently trying to find the right bass amplifier within my budget, which is $400-500 (CDN before tax) After doing much research and trying out various amps such as Yorkville XM100C to Fender Rumble 100, I have made my final decision on these two amps, the Ampeg BA115 or the Fender Bassman 100 Combo (introduced in January 2005) The Bassman is $475, and the Ampeg is out of my price range; however I could always get it used and the price varies from there. I play with a Mexican Fender Precision and I play Worship/Rock. Which bass amp would fit me perfectly?
  2. Nedmundo

Nedmundo Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2005
    I don't think there's any comparison here -- get the BA115. I tried the next level up in the new Bassman series about a week ago, the 1x12" 150 watt model, and was mightily unimpressed. I haven't spent much time playing the Ampeg myself, but I've heard several others use them, and they deliver good, solid tone. You won't go wrong there.

I'd look at other options, like maybe GK, Ashdown, or Roland (Cube 100), but between these two I'd go Ampeg.