Fender bassman 100

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jimdgreat1, Oct 21, 2016.

1. jimdgreat1

jimdgreat1

Sep 28, 2016
    Wichita Kansas
    I'll post a picture of 3 Fender bassman 100 amps. All look a little different. Was curious if we could discus how old each one is and which might be the better one. The last being more important. I'm still looking at amps. No hurry.

bass amps.JPG

2. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    They're all the same just one is filthy and different photo angles.

Killed_by_Death and deathness like this.
  3. jimdgreat1

jimdgreat1

Sep 28, 2016
    Wichita Kansas
    Thanks!

Linnin likes this.
  4. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    Those were among the first solid state Bassman amps from 2000-'02. Fender Rumbles came out in the summer of 2003 and replaced the aging BRX line and also most of the low wattage solid state Bassman. The solid state Bassman line was revamped yet again to include Fender PRO 400; 800, and 1200 watt amps. Fender Bassman would be re-introduced as a pair of new all tube designs: the Bassman 100t and 300 watt Super Bassman. And now include hybred Bassman 500 and 800 watt tube/d-class designs.

Killed_by_Death likes this.
  5. ScottTunes

ScottTunes Gear-A-Holic

Feb 7, 2011
    So Cal
    Not that it matters in the grand scheme of things, but the original 1972 Bassman 100 was one of my all-time favorite bass amps! Wasn't too shabby for guitar either! But we're talking about amps made when dirt was still kinda new... ;-)

Linnin likes this.
  6. jimdgreat1

jimdgreat1

Sep 28, 2016
    Wichita Kansas
    Hey now! I'm older than that.

7. And this is fulla toobs

8. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    Mine too! Those silverfaced Bassman 100's were the standard club rig in the mid 1970's. I gigged one for years with a 2x15 bottom. Traded it in on a Fender Studio Bass amp in 1979. One of the things that makes new Fender Rumbles so popular is their extreme similarity in tone to the tube Bassman 100.

ScottTunes likes this.
  9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 13, 2021