Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender Bassman 100

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Andy Daventry, Nov 16, 2005.

1. I sold my Fender Bassman 100 four years ago to a bar here n Ankara. They have been using it as a house amp ever since.

Two weeks ago, I played at that bar for the first time since then, and I went through my old amp.

It was magic! An absolutely excellent small gig amp for the kind of trad rock and roll sound I am after. I am trying to remember why I sold it.

2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Clearly, it ran out of music when you had it, and somebody refilled it after you sold it.

3. Yes, something like that.

Or perhaps it had something to do with the fact I gave up gigging on bass for three years, and took to g**t*r.

4. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    Was it a silverface tube amp, or the newer solid state combo?

5. Subculture13

Subculture13 Jamming Econo

Apr 9, 2003
    Toronto, Ont. Canada
    Or better yet, was it a silver face (made in 1990's) solid state combo?

I had a early 90's Bassman 60 (NOT NOT NOT the same amp as the abomination they make now). It died after a very rough gig, it lived through the gig, but wouldn't power up ever again after, bless its poor little soul. I've wanted another exactly like it ever since. I modded it by plugging the 2 ports and it was the best sounding little amp I ever knew. Amazing tone from such a little amp. I miss it. :bawl: I gave it a proper burial though.