Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender Bassman 100

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by I_am_Rage, Nov 26, 2000.

1. I went to some Sam Ash and Guitar Center yesterday and i was looking at some amps (christmas is close)and i tryed Ampeg Ba-115 and Fender Bassman 100. Now i was looking forward to try out the Ampeg because i always hear good things about it. So at guitar center, they didn't have it on the floor so they went down the block to the warehouse that took like a half hour when they said it would take 10 min. Anyways, they got it took it out straight from the box and I started to play with it. It sounded good. Then as i raised the volume i noticed it made hissing noise. That pissed me off and right there i was really turned off. Earlier i tryed the fender 100 and it sounded louder then the ampeg and i didn't hear a hiss sound. So right now i am going for the Fender. So what does everyone think about this amp...anyone have problems with it?

2. My post is so lonely. oh well.

3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Rage, this is a fairly new amp, and while I have heard good things about the new Bassman series, I doubt that many on the board have tried it out, because until this series came out Fender has not had a very good rep for their bass amps in many years.

You might do a search, Gard did a review on the larger Bassman 400 and like it a lot, he almost bought it he liked it so much.

::edit:: Me adding this url -> http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?postid=84500#post84500 <- to help you out, Rage.

[Edited by embellisher on 11-26-2000 at 07:12 PM]