1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender Bassman 150 vs Crate BT220

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by kristlik, Dec 4, 2006.

1. kristlik

kristlik Guest

Nov 22, 2006
    Lincoln, NE
    I'm giving some thought of upgrading my combo (a Crate BT100) after I get my next bass (either a MIA P Bass or a Warwick STD).

I'm looking for something that gives me a little more punch, and can easily handle the low B of a 5 string.

I'm getting some hum and hiss on my BT100. I attributed it to my MIM Jazz, but thought it shoudl be better than that with its upgraded Basslines pups.

2. velvetphil

velvetphil Supporting Member

Feb 22, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Having played through the new Fender combos at a Guitar Center, I'm convinced that Fender has gotten its act together when it comes to modern bass amps. I wholeheartedly recommend the Fender. The Crate stuff (especially the combos) feels a little cheap to me; I would get the Fender stuff simply based on build quality.

Of course I could be totally off the mark.

3. bad5x8

bad5x8

Sep 17, 2006
    Kansas City, MO
    Played the bassman 150 the other day with my extended scale 5 string and that 12 did great in reproducing all my notes very well. Very deep and smooth.