Fender Bassman 150

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by phillm47, Jun 26, 2005.

1. Whose played them?

Whose BOUGHT 'em?
  2. superfly

Aug 4, 2004
    I have one. I like it.
  3. Lowtonejoe

Lowtonejoe Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Richland, WA

How about a bit of a review...or did you do one already?

4. tramp

Mar 5, 2004
    South Louisiana
    I bought a bassman 150 about 2 months ago and I like it. It is light weight which I like and I can get some good bottom out of it. I play in a 7 piece oldies band with a horn section that is in front of me and I can hear myself good as well as other members of the band. I have the amp in front of me tilted back. We do line out so there is no problems in large clubs. As far as sound and bottom, I have no complaints.
  5. superfly

Aug 4, 2004
    My short review from a previous post.

I just picked up one of the newer Fender Bassman 150 1x12. 150 watts.
    I must say it is a nice little unit.
    Right off the bat I noticed the famous Fender warmth.
    Plenty of power for practicing and small gigging.
    Nice thump from the 12" speaker. It seems to be built well with no comparison to the cheaper Rumble series, or even the previous Bassman Combo series with the black face. This unit blows em both away.
    This is nice quality with the aluminum face lookng great, like the Pro series.
    Plenty of tone variations, and the compression is nice. I can sell my Digitech bass squeeze now, and plug straight in.
    And wow! no rattling from the chassis!
    I can't say enough about the nice sound. It sounds high end, not cheap. Warm, thumpy, full and bigger than you would think a 12" sounds. It rattles my walls just like the 15" combos did

I love the amp so far!
  6. bstringrandy

bstringrandy Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2004
    Jacksonville, FL
    I picked up one last week to cure some sound problems we've having with my stage volume being "excessive" for the sound guy. I haven't had a chance to gig with it yet, that will be this weekend. I did take it to practice last week and have spent a few hours with it.

First- I love the tilt-back cabinet. It lets you use it as a monitor and point it right where it needs be on stage - at you.

Second - at 38 lbs, it's very portable and will fit in any car trunk.

Third - the features. for an amp under $500, this thing rocks! It has compression, sweepable parametric low and high midrange controls, DI level, pre/post and gnd lift controls. The Eminence 12" speaker has a very warm tone and can crank out some lows on my Warwick's B string! The horn tweeter has a 3-position switch, 2 different levels and off. It adds some nice highs without getting harsh. It might've been nice to have a continuously variable L-pad, but I can live with the switch. At rehearsal I was up against a moderately loud drummer, a Fender Twin and a 5150 half stack and could still keep up and hear myself.

Fourth - The construction seems well built. The unit has good looks, is solid and has no rattles.

So far, I love it! If anything happens this weekend to change that, I'll post an update.

7. Anyone A/B this one with an Ampeg BA112? :confused:
  8. I just bought one today. After using my 15 watter for a while, I thought it was time to move up a little bit. I don't really know how to use it yet, but I'm sure I will figure it out.
  9. SteveC

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    Any other thoughts on this amp? They have a 100 watt 10" version at the store here that I really like, but I need/want a 12" with a litttle more juice for stand alone gigs.

I usually have PA support so I like the tile back. Problem is,my current rig really rocks and isn't much bigger, just more parts and the cab doesn't tilt back.
  10. guy n. cognito

guy n. cognito Secret Agent Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN

IMHO, the Bassman blows the Ampeg away.

While not exactly the amp in question, I just bought a Bassman 250/115. I love the tone and flexibility of this amp.
  11. SBassman

Jun 8, 2003
    Northeast, US
    I now have one. I, ahem, *converted* my custom bass into one.

I think it's excellent. Warm, with air moving abilities, and penetration abilities. I used it last night at rehearsal, and it provided More than enough volume at 50%. The band loved the tone.

At 39 lbs, it's also the lightest combo or cab I ever hoisted.

Nice, nice package.