Fender Bassman 200 clipping

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Heavy_E, Nov 9, 2003.

1. Heavy_E

Jul 2, 2002
    I am using a Bassman 200... The problem is I am clipping at bery low volumes. I play in a praise and worship band. I keep my volume on 2 and my gain is on 5. Anytime I ride E or anything on the B string it clips. I read on the forum about being underpowered... All the EQ'ing is done from my Lakland 55-02 (active) The Bass setting is set to "half". If I play at a larger venue I am screwed if I cannot get it get the volume over "2".

Any suggestions... I will keep searching the forums as well...

2. CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    I've got a bassman 200. Have you tried hitting the active switch and turning up the master volume? Whenever i clip significantly I adjust the gain down a bit [to the point where the clip light doesn't come on yet the signal light still does] and boost the master volume. Do you run the preamp with any compression? I keep mine at half, the limiter would be a good thing to have on if it's a poweramp clip. I'll help out all i can but my knowledge isn't quite the extensive of some others. That's all
  3. Heavy_E

Jul 2, 2002

I tried cutting the gain down and upping the master volume. That seemed to help. One thing I noticed is that my Lakland pickups are real "hot". So I also tried backing off the "bass" eq on the lakland. That also seemed to help. I am running the compressor between 1 and 2.