Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender Bassman 200 Rattle

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by steve2, Jun 29, 2005.

1. steve2

steve2

Sep 23, 2001
    Piney Flats, TN
    I have a Fender Bassman 200 and its about 2 or 3 years old. I play it usually at a low to med volumes. Tonight I was in a big auditorium and thought I would crank it up. Probably had it a little over 1/2 way. It sounded great untill I hit an F note. I did the F note several different places to make sure it was not a fret buzz. I have rattled different things before and I am defient it was my amp rattling. Kind of sounded it cam from the tweeter area but could not really tell. I had the tweeter turned down. Any suggestions what my problem may be. It sounded great other than the low F and the next octive down on F also rattled a little on the F#.

Thanks

Steve

2. v-12

v-12

Mar 3, 2005
    FL Panhandle
    although i've never owned a fender amp and can't say for sure, i'd check all the hardware on the cab.... i once had an ampeg that would do that when i got down low, and it would up that one of the screws securing my crossover had worked its way out.

3. could be that one or more of the objects in the room is "vibrating" at the same frequency as that f. just a thought.

4. steve2

steve2

Sep 23, 2001
    Piney Flats, TN
    could be that one or more of the objects in the room is "vibrating" at the same frequency as that f. just a thought.

That was my first thought. We checked it very close and it seems to be the amp.