Fender Bassman 200

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Heavy_E, Oct 31, 2003.

1. Heavy_E

Jul 2, 2002
    I have a problem...

I have a Fender Bassman 200. I play a Lakland 55-02. There are times when the sound/tone is GREAT. There are other times (No setting changes) that the sound/tone fades in and out and will eventually cut off while I am playing a song. I have found that if I pull the "pot" on the volume knob (of the bass) and push it back down the signal comes back full.

I have used an Ampeg and SWR in the past and this never happened. I use a SWR to practice at home and nothing like this happens.

I assume it is an amp problem. Anyone have any ideas?
  2. Most likely dirty pots. Same thing happens on my crappy practice amp. I suppose you could try cleaning them but that didn't really work for me.
  3. CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    I had a problem similar to yours a few months ago. I took it to a tech and it turns out the input jack went bad. Now i know there is a loose wire somewhere inside of it [buzzes and if i hit it, it stops] and rather than dropping more money on this amp, i am saving up for a bigger one. That's all-i'll be more than happy to answer any questions i know the answer to :D