Fender Bassman 25: Hot, or not?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by TheDefiler, May 11, 2002.

1. TheDefiler

TheDefiler Guest

Mar 15, 2002
    I currently have a Bassman 25 as a practice amp. I think it's pretty good, but I wanna hear some opinions.
  2. rmerritt

Apr 10, 2002
    Charlotte, NC
    Ditto for me. I am getting ready to purchase a small combo and have my eye on the Frontman 25b, at lower price point than the Bassman 25. I haven't played the Bassman 25, ut the Frontman sounds great for it's size. Any other opinions?
  3. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    I've got the Bassman 25 and it's hot to me. Great tone, handles a B string very well and it has some pretty cool features. The volume is very good for a 25 watt amp but if you're thinking about using it to jam with several other people, it's probably not going to work. I have used mine to jam with a couple of guitarists and a drum machine with good results. The g**tar guys were nice and didn't try to blow me away.
  4. Max

Max Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Bakersfield, CA

Same kind of practice set up for me. I love mine but it wouldn't gig with a real drum kit. It's excellent practice amp though.
  5. I use a Frontman 25B for practice and it does a great job. It's louder than I'll ever need around the house for just learning stuff and keeping my chops up.