1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender Bassman 250/115, what do you think?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Sauron_, Jul 23, 2007.

1. What do you think of the brand new Bassman series? I'm really interested on a Bassman 250/115.
    I play a Spector Rebop 5.

2. Hemispheres85

Hemispheres85

Jun 15, 2006
    I've tried most of the bassman amps, including the 250 head through a bassman 4x10.

I haven't tried the new ones, but I have not liked the tone of any of the ones I've tried. If you want any sort of midrange punch or growl, they are the last thing you want. I felt like you could only get a real trebly thin sound or a sound with too much bass, even with mids boosted. Judging by your influences like Geddy & Jaco, the bassmans would probably be too smooth sounding for you.

3. I own the 250/210 with the 115 ext. cabinet. I actually like it a lot.

I feel differently from Hemispheres. I get quite enough midrange from mine. He is right, its a very smooth amp, but with an outboard overdrive, it sounds fine.

I'm going to be putting mine on the selling block, though. I'm moving the tube route, but for a first rig, the Bassman did me pretty well. Also, you cant PUSH this rig. It gets loud, just not super loud. Another reason I'm moving bigger.